The VG Resource

Full Version: 6th gen omfg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
since the new gen won't have any sprites im making them instead in 5th gen style
have a fennekin! i'm probably gonna break up the sprite to be animated later on
[Image: 4a24d18d1c5f8c7de1ec0f760327fda5.png?1357775644]
I knew they would start coming soon!
From first glance, the sprite seems to have too much depth to fit into gen V style. Most of the sprites were relatively flat-looking, I think it was from less shading so it could be animated easier. Are you using official colors? I think official colors and toning down on the shading would help it fit more in style.
Also, I'd consider simpifying the eye.

Of course, this is just so it fits in Pokemon Gen V style--it's great on it's own. Maybe try tilting the right "Ear Fluff" thing a bit more upward?
It's on a completely flat surface, the shading is a bit too detailed, and the pose isn't dynamic enough.
(01-09-2013, 08:19 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]It's on a completely flat surface, the shading is a bit too detailed, and the pose isn't dynamic enough.

may i ask what you mean exactly by the first and last points? How can I make the pose more dynamic?
as for the shading, I think i might just break gen V style and add a bit more 4th gen shading i guess? since I feel like I can animate it while keeping slightly more detailed shading. That's the only thing I really hated about fifth gen sprites fjsdlkfjsdfs
[Image: 8903ac75c9af0c51e0128d853eba836b.png?1357785515]
tweaked the colors to more official art colors, edited the ear, and tried to simplify the eyes.
He means that it looks like the Pokemon's only occupying one plane. Try bringing the front leg closest to us down a few pixels maybe?
If you need a more dynamic pose, you could try bringning the legs out and lowering the body, similar to this?

(I just searched "pounce") on Google and this was the only good pose I could find okay)
ah ok! hows this?
[Image: a3ec8718333349e2713962ec58bf2913.png?1357787653]
you should have looked more carefully at a reference, because the proportions of your sprite aren't good

ideally the head should be much bigger (or body smaller, you choose), and the tail should be the same size as the head
also notice the size of the ears relative to the head

[Image: 2409666-fennekin_large.jpg]
Also I'm pretty sure they meant to use colors from other offical sprites rather than choosing custom colors.

Unless you did this, in which case nevermind then. I can't wait to see Froakie!!
Ahh, i see what you mean. I haven't fixed the colors yet, but I tried to fix the issues with proportions. hopefully it's a lot better!
[Image: 6bef270e87ac51bc80a8ddd125c00cff.png]
may I ask why you guys feel I should mess with the colors? Not out of disagreement of course, but there isn't a color limit on the DS, is there? Are the contrasts off? I'd like to know what exactly is wrong with the current colors, if that's okay. I color picked the base shades from the official art of Fennekin and made my own shading colors off of that.
Once I know exactly what i'm going to be fixing I'll change the palette, but for now i'm going to work on the sprite itself.
make the head bigger
I had assumed that you would have used a more elegant pose, but this actually looks pretty good. Just size up the proportions right, like Lexou said make the head bigger but also the body a tad smaller.