The VG Resource

Full Version: Skyrim Overworld Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, this is my first time posting here.
I have been making sprites based off Skyrim, in the style of Final Fantasy for the SNES.

[Image: xjKXF.png]
From left to right: Altmer, Argonian, Bosmer, Female Human, Dunmer, Male Human, Khajiit, Nord, Orc and Redguard.

Also, Iron Armour:
[Image: mmkHa.png]

I'm finding it hard to do hair. and I don't think my Khajiit looks right. Can anyone help me improve them, please?
Well, I'm a bit confused. If you're basing these off of the original Final Fantasy, You're best off using the NES limitations. If you're not going to go with the full style, I suggest basing your sprites off of a larger style. From what I can see too, you have waaay too many colors in each sprite anyways! For NES limitations you're restricted to 3 colors i believe, and while I'm not going to count it out, it looks like you have more in just shading the heads :P
Of course, it would be best if you made these custom instead of editing existing sprites.
(also, don't you mean left to right? :P)
Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. I'm basing them off the SNES version, giving me more colours to work with. All sprites were made from stratch. Thank you for your feedback Smile

(And yes, I did mean left to right >.< is there any way to edit posts?)
To be honest, they all look like edits of each other. You should try making each of them look less alike to each other.

You should also try having more contrast in your sprites! ;)
There are 4 human races, Nord, Imperials, Redguard, and Bosmer (but Bosmer are part elf also), just to let you know.
(01-12-2013, 12:10 AM)recolornerd Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, they all look like edits of each other. You should try making each of them look less alike to each other.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. How would you recommend I do this? It's a little hard with such limited space :/ I'll work on the contrast.

(01-12-2013, 09:29 AM)mutantyoshi Wrote: [ -> ]There are 4 human races, Nord, Imperials, Redguard, and Bosmer (but Bosmer are part elf also), just to let you know.

Imperials and Bretons (I assume you mean Bretons- Bosmer are Wood Elves Tongue) look very similar, so I decided to just use the same base sprite for all of them.

The sprites are designed to be customizable, the race, clothes, hair etc are all on different layers.

I've edited the first post to correct mistakes.
I think one problem you're going to have with these is how much more sophisticated the Skyrim models are next to these Final Fantasy bases. I don't think you can rely solely on these bases to translate their designs: a common way to add detail to characters in RPGs are the dialogue/stat portraits. What you have for now can't be detailed because of their size, and I'd actually suggest you go for something very simple in colour and shading instead.