The VG Resource

Full Version: RnR's Junkpile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here's a collection of some my old work and more recent stuff:
[Image: professorgenki.png]
The furred lord of destruction and chaos, Professor Genki, from one of favorite games Saints Row:The Third.

[Image: asiu.png]
A Request I did for a friend on DA

[Image: thekingandzeus.png]
Some sword sprites I made long ass time ago.

[Image: aegehedgehog.png]
A hedgehog version of DestructionSeries' kirby fancharacter I did a while back.

[Image: bigspike.png]
Big Boss Spike, an antagonist of my WIP flash series Level Down. He is the king of Spike Kingdom, lord Big Boss Spike. He rules over the Spike Kingdom with an iron...ball...fist...thing...whatever. He's big, he's mean,and he'll implae you six way from sunday, both your body and your pride with his awesome pins deep within his fists and his golden tuft of spikey hair.

[Image: asurasprite.png]
One on my personal favorites, Asura the Destructor!

[Image: yashasprite.png]
A collab sprite with one of my friends on DA, Yasha, god of Melancholy.

[Image: virall.png]
Viral, The main antagonist of Level Down (if it ever gets finished)

[Image: leveldowntitlescreen.png]
Here's the Level Down Title Screen for my flash series that's currently in development hell. I drew inspiration from title screens from old NES titles, like Legend of Zelda, Contra, you know the deal. Plus, I kinda want the flash an "Arcade", "NES" feel, I also want give the sprites Paul Roberston feel, ya know, smoothly animated with custom effects. This title screen is also suppose to set the mood for the flash; eerie with an anonymous vibe to it.

[Image: boltbrilliant.png]
My latest and ugliest WIP to date.
well assuming the edits are old I'm not going to pay too much attention to them. (If I did had to say something though I'd have to be honest, they're unimpressive and generic edits. But that's just how critical I am of these things.)

I mean the only stuff that seem custom to me are the Level Down stuff, which in some ways are fairly decent but the some others seem like they need improvements. "Big Boss Spike" for example feels like it suffers from jagged outlines on the spikes. One thing I can praise though is the use of contrast here.

I'm interested in seeing what the WIP's comes out like when it gets a little more fleshed out, it seems alright for the rough outline. There isn't much to criticism at the time, but I'm interested in how it will come out.
I'm honestly really loving the giant robot scribble. It actually makes me think it could be a Mega Man X enemy... (but then again everything kinda does...) I hope you finish that.
(01-11-2013, 02:28 PM)Mr. Popo Wrote: [ -> ]well assuming the edits are old I'm not going to pay too much attention to them. (If I did had to say something though I'd have to be honest, they're unimpressive and generic edits. But that's just how critical I am of these things.)

I mean the only stuff that seem custom to me are the Level Down stuff, which in some ways are fairly decent but the some others seem like they need improvements. "Big Boss Spike" for example feels like it suffers from jagged outlines on the spikes. One thing I can praise though is the use of contrast here.

I'm interested in seeing what the WIP's comes out like when it gets a little more fleshed out, it seems alright for the rough outline. There isn't much to criticism at the time, but I'm interested in how it will come out.

Finally some comments, and even better, it's critique. Yeah the edits aren't my best. Everything else though is scratched. You're really think the Asura and Yasha sprites are generic? Dang, those bastards were scrathed too. Thank you for you tips for Spike, I'll edit the spike a bit more.

(01-11-2013, 04:05 PM)Mighty Jetaku Wrote: [ -> ]I'm honestly really loving the giant robot scribble. It actually makes me think it could be a Mega Man X enemy... (but then again everything kinda does...) I hope you finish that.

Thank you. 8D. Never seen someone say that about him before. I'll definitely make an effort to finish him.
the reason you've not seen it said is people seeing it in the wrong light, its obviously a base for a sprite and might I say a fairly nice start of a sketch.
the next stage should be blocking out the sections with solid colour and then refining the form, this is where it'll get great or not so great, if you take your time on it the block out should go well and you'll be on your way to making something kickass.
Hey guys, me again. I went to back to work on Bolt Brilliant.
[Image: boltbrilliant.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see I filled in some pieces, got some tubes in his arms *I'll explain why later* However, I'm having trouble with the second fist.

Ooh, and any suggestion for the color pallet?
Honestly, most of the sprites have huge readability problems - there's too much going on to tell where the facial features are, etc etc, although the clothes are slightly better. (The robot is cool, though.)
Just another sprite I'm working on.[Image: cfdf8cd56GkAZ.png]

His name is Burnout.
Quote:Honestly, most of the sprites have huge readability problems - there's too much going on to tell where the facial features are, etc etc, although the clothes are slightly better. (The robot is cool, though.)

Most of the sprite other than Big Boss Spike has this problem. I'm going to refer to Asura and Yasha, I've played (and beaten those easy games) I know their facial detail, but believe it or not there are ways to show more details with less details. With sprites the smallest detail can be made with just a few pixels. Just a head up towards the future.

Also Big Boss Spike is shaded funny. I'm guessing he is supposed to be round? There is a way to shade a round figure.

Here's a pic I snagged:
[Image: material.gif]

Resources:
Spriter's Dictionary[/quote]
YIPPPPIE, ANOTHER POST. This time it's a bit of a revamp of my previous sprite, Viral.
[Image: viralo.png]

I really like how this came out.
-Low contrast
-Those lines to not emulated a glitchy feeling.
-NEVER use solid black or white on a sprite.
-Those eyes look too...shaped...Give it some curves at the bottom so it doesn't look too odd.
-The color's contrast don't match at all either.

Also:

[Image: chJbg7A.gif]

I didn't center the frames right, but it's still a glitchy effect. The way you have it in a static image looks odd and more like hair/thorns.
there is nothing wrong with solid black and/or solid white on sprites in some cases you know. you just shouldn't outline the whole sprite in black as long as you aren't making them for a game or something, and while white is usually better substituted for a more tinted shade, there are still several instances where it's okay, especially in limited palettes.
[Image: leveldowntitlescreen.png]

It's for a game themed animation. It really bothered me when i was editing it. I had to save the image instead of just copying it when i was working on the little example for him. when I copy and paste something with a transparent background into paint the background becomes black, no problem to me, but when i removed it even the sprite's outline vanished.
yea I've had that too, that means you'll have to just save the image and open it in Paint.NET, GIMP or some other program that supports transparency.
(02-10-2013, 10:57 PM)Novally Wrote: [ -> ][Image: chJbg7A.gif]

Oh naw, dis nigga think he sum animatin' wizard or sumthin. Hehehe. But seriously though, THAT is the effect I've been looking for. Thanks you Novs. As for the background trouble, sorry about that. I use Paint.net for my spriting after I swore off Paint due to some traumatic incidents when I was younger(crashes, screwing up colors, always freezes).
As for the colors, I'll work on that.
Pages: 1 2 3