The VG Resource

Full Version: How do I rip Kingdom Hearts 1 worlds and keyblades ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I've got the KH1 ISO and followed this video tutorial with much success at ripping characters, but what I'm really after are the worlds, inanimate objects, and keyblades, which "khdump" did not catch. I also tried o0DemonBoy0o's PS2 ripping instructional, but when I hit [ Run ], PSX2 0.9.8 just opened a blank gray window. It never even let me select what game I wanted it to open.

I have no programming experience other than my attempts to rip 3D models, so I'm ever at odds with a perilous sea of technobabble. I wade through it when I must, but right now I'd really appreciate if someone could cast me a line. Tongue

My intent is to papercraft. Wink
I've found a second dumper (Falo's) that seems much more flexible. With this one, I've gotten far more files. However---a problem that I always run into---this is the first time I've ever seen these filetypes...

.ard
.evm
.wdt
.dat
.dbt
.wpn
.se
.mag

Can someone please explain what these are? And if possible, suggest some tools? I've already searched for answers on my own for hours. Embarassed

My best lead was following the method on this page to import .wpn files to Blender, but I got hopelessly confused 3/4 of the way through the plugin-activation process. Ouch!

There is also something about nametables or a nametbl.txt which seems to be the key to optimizing Falo's dumper.... How might I extract, create, or obtain such a txt? Because, if possible, I would like to have ALL of the models in Kingdom Hearts available to browse through. Nerd