The VG Resource

Full Version: SQUA RE WAVE SYMP HONY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: MNOo3.png]

wip for my music album.
Can't really put my finger on it but the shading seems slightly awkward at the moment...
I honestly feel like the water on the earth would look better if it was dithered a tad more. But that's just me.

Other than that it's shaping up. I like it
the shading on the water is a bit linear, the shading should bend a lot more around the rim, that and the first dark colour to the water doesn't blend well with the lightest.
yeah, i whipped this up in like, 20 minutes so it's not complete yet. I don't really like the shading so I may add another midtone for the water so the transition will be smoother.

I like the suggestions though, will implement them in the next update c:
[Image: l8FoY.png]
A little edit for contrast, literally atmosphere and a couple more suggestions. I hope it helps!
i think you've hit the nail on the head on the contrast, but I am planning something else for the background. I appreciate it!

as for the white outline around the globe, I'll make that smoother and use a darker color (blue, maybe). I'll see Big Grin
the clouds on the dark part of the earth should be a lot darker

they might be white but the sun isn't shining on them
dealt the shading with something I've never attempted before: patterns. I really like the effect. Contrast has been enhanced too, and it's close to completion now. I still have the separate pieces though so give c+c as usual!

[Image: dgNp0.png]
I don't know what it is about those patterns but the seas pattern in particular makes me think music... odd
well the shading looks a lot lot better now and it does look a lot more like a sphere.
Maybe make the outline to the letters a darker colour, at the moment the edges look a little blurred, a darker colour should keep the letters looking crisp.
Looks perfect really, go with what bombshell93 said.
Also did you have to add each of the patterns on the earth individually or is there a program that allows you to speed up the process?
i didn't have any program to aid me, only paint. But I did have a technique. I'll show you when I'm home c:
Oh man, now this is looking sexy for a work of art.

No really, this is an outstanding job with the pattern and the background.
It's looking great so far! I think the clouds at the bottom of the globe could do with the volume rendered in the other cloud clusters.
The composition feels cramped to me, because of how much space the title and Earth take up in comparison to the canvas's size, and how both elements overlap each other. Reconsidering the importance of the title in relation to its size would be a good idea.
The clouds on the dark side still need to be darker
[Image: zafeY.png]

made clouds darker, changed letter size and design. I knew there was something off with the lettering! It took too much space and it felt too cluttered. I could fix that by increasing the canvas, but that will leave too many empty space, so I chose making a smaller font. This is even closer to being final version, but as before, I kept each part separated so you can give c+c without worries.

I also don't know if I'm going to put 'Volume 1' on the disc. I don't know if I'll use the same title for my next album or not.

[Image: 85hMh.gif]

made a 64x64 icon for it and added it in my sig, too c:
Pages: 1 2