The VG Resource

Full Version: Syrenne from The Last Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could someone be so kind as to try and find this model, like this drawing has?
[Image: tumblr_m9489neRcI1rsc9cbo1_500.jpg]
U probably have to play most of the adventure to obtain this model with these armours and wep and if u don't have a powerful PC, it's quite a pain to play this game until the end with the wii emulator. I did a lot of test to ripp the model of this beautiful game in T-pose, with almost all 3d ripper that i know in opengl and directx mode, but with no success. I don't know why. The only ripper that seems work is 3d ripper dx, but model are already posed,and some uv are missed or broke. I even try to extract and convert the models, but the model format for this game is quite a mess.
(01-01-2013, 05:29 PM)Orwell Wrote: [ -> ]U probably have to play most of the adventure to obtain this model with these armours and wep and if u don't have a powerful PC, it's quite a pain to play this game until the end with the wii emulator. I did a lot of test to ripp the model of this beautiful game in T-pose, with almost all 3d ripper that i know in opengl and directx mode, but with no success. I don't know why. The only ripper that seems work is 3d ripper dx, but model are already posed,and some uv are missed or broke. I even try to extract and convert the models, but the model format for this game is quite a mess.

I would use 3DX ripper, but it hates my nVidia GPU, so I can't use that. The game is extremely CPU intensive on Dolphin, but have you had any luck extracting any of her models? As far as UVs go, they can be fixed as can normals; I know people that can fix them.
If u mean ripping (not extracting) some models ..the answer is yes i did it. Anyway the models appears higly stretched and already posed. I'm able to fix uv and normals quite easly ,even if in some casethey are completely missed. Anyway i don't like working on already posed models. So i abandoned the project to ripp all of them. I know there was a cool guy that was able to ripp one chara in t-pose a lot of time ago. Unfortunately the site where he posted his result went down 3 yrs ago or more. Have u tried with dofferent version of 3d ripper dx or only one? what version? Try to ripp the models even in opengl mode with the opengl rippers, and post eventually a pic of the result.
(01-03-2013, 10:42 AM)Orwell Wrote: [ -> ]If u mean ripping (not extracting) some models ..the answer is yes i did it. Anyway the models appears higly stretched and already posed. I'm able to fix uv and normals quite easily ,even if in some cases they are completely missed. Anyway i don't like working on already posed models. So i abandoned the project to rip all of them. I know there was a cool guy that was able to rip one character in t-pose a lot of time ago. Unfortunately the site where he posted his result went down 3 yrs ago or more. Have u tried with different version of 3d ripper dx or only one? what version? Try to rip the models even in opengl mode with the opengl rippers, and post eventually a pic of the result.

I'm surprised they were posed, since 90% of the models on here aren't posed or have proper UV mapping.

Tried versions 1.8 and 1.8.1

Tried Dolphin 32-bit 3.0. 4.0 was just released but I haven't tried it. It works for other, but it never works for me
Maybe u are a bit confused. Generally u obtain posed models when u ripp them in direct3d video mode. Instead when u use opengl video mode (in dolphin) u can obtain t-posed models. It's not always true, but it works like this for most of the times. I didn't understand if u tried to ripp models even in opengl mode.(?) Obviously if u use it u need a opengl ripper, not 3d ripperdx ,but 3dvia printscreeen, glxtractor..and so on. In this forum some users posted good tutorial about this topic. Take a look at them. If u want to try again with the direct3d video mode in dolphin, i advise u to use 3d ripper dx 1.7 or dx ripper. (there are some tutorials even here).

PS: i have already tried to use opengl mode. As u can see the model is t-posed but too much deformed, (i tried with an ati and nvidia video card...same result)

[Image: picigb.jpg]
(01-04-2013, 06:39 AM)Orwell Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe u are a bit confused. Generally u obtain posed models when u ripp them in direct3d video mode. Instead when u use opengl video mode (in dolphin) u can obtain t-posed models. It's not always true, but it works like this for most of the times. I didn't understand if u tried to ripp models even in opengl mode.(?) Obviously if u use it u need a opengl ripper, not 3d ripperdx ,but 3dvia printscreeen, glxtractor..and so on. In this forum some users posted good tutorial about this topic. Take a look at them. If u want to try again with the direct3d video mode in dolphin, i advise u to use 3d ripper dx 1.7 or dx ripper. (there are some tutorials even here).

PS: i have already tried to use opengl mode. As u can see the model is t-posed but too much deformed, (i tried with an ati and nvidia video card...same result)

[Image: picigb.jpg]

I stand corrected. With the models exporting in such an effed up manner and with me not being able to use the 3D extracting program...yeah. Note only did I waste everyone's time, but I made myself look like the bigger idiot. Might as well close the thread. Cry
As you wish. Yea, 3d models are complicated matter.