The VG Resource

Full Version: Tile derpings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yo, i got bored and i haven't done any spriting in a while so i decdided to tile again
[Image: iaza14130594003400.png]
crit and tear them apart at will
These work pretty well, actually! I think the patterns for the darker stone tiles could have a better transition between the shades of grey. Making the palette warmer (more red) could make the stone blend better with the earth, and seem more like it's affected by the ambient light of the earth, too. The stone tiles on the right on the ceiling are regular: I'd suggest you follow what you did with the other stones and break the regularity. That or make everything very regular, which could go with the blockiness your tiles currently have.
Something else to consider is whether you want to keep the blocky shape of the tiles, or if you're going to make it more organic.

I'm looking forward to more! Smile
I like it a lot but I think you should probably make the brick and stone darker / tint it with a colour, the rapid change in tone (likely because of saturation) is a bit conflicting on the eyes, bar that minor tidbit it all looks nice and clean and the style is very nostalgic.
I'll be looking forwards to seeing more of this Smile
[Image: iaza14130526122500.png]
K, i don't know if i hit the nail on the head but i gave it my best shot -- also, pillars and crap water
The shading on the dirt looks awkward since it disappears randomly on the next tier(?) down.
[Image: iaza14130553365800.png]
the more i look at this the more i want it to burn in the fire of a thousand suns
its not bad, fix the right arm so it doesn't look like its bending in on itself, tip the hat a bit more forwards and put more weight on the back leg.
The right arm also has a minor line-art issue around the elbow and knuckle, because it's completely straight. Either curve the line of the arm, or stop it dipping in so much at the elbow and knuckle.
[Image: iaza14130543533400.png]
smaller than the last one but i think its better ... ???
its leaning forwards a bit much still, it needs more weight on the back leg otherwise when it raises either leg it'd tip.
[Image: iaza14130581340300.png]
...eh???
if its for TFR i think the all-black legs work fine

also i love this character
thanks, i was considering joining ( ?? ) but i havent really done any animation work so ... yeh

anyway, some derpy tech-ish looking tiles and a tiny fanart
[Image: iaza14130583840000.png]
Awesome! I think it could with some more blending, like the hues/saturation and pixel clusters:
[Image: APBJh.png]
The first three are at different saturation levels, the last one is a mix.
I hope it helps you!
ok, i played with the colours
[Image: iaza14130538148100.png]
i dont want to play with the tiles yet until i think ive got the pallete down
Pages: 1 2