The VG Resource

Full Version: Work/Criticism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just some stuff I've started working on over break. Mostly unfinished and random, but I want to get some tips on things like posture, texture, and shading.

a resize pixel over of azala(chrono trig)
[Image: azazel.png]

larger works I want to try more artistic shading using 2 light sources for...
[Image: blastermaster.png][Image: mudokon.png]

working on female form, started with the hair, will try other positions
[Image: work2w.png]

random stuff that could use work/criticism
[Image: workneeded.png]

I'd like advice or tips. I'll post progress on the various pictures each day(hopefully).

Also for those that use MS paint, do you use a drawing pad or mouse? (currently using a mouse.)
an 8 pack? seems legit.
(12-21-2012, 08:39 PM)Bombshell93 Wrote: [ -> ]an 8 pack? seems legit.

Toriko's so manly he can have an eight pack.
Tried to do something with this I'm not sure what type of style its called
[Image: mudokon.png]

Also tried working on this sprite not sure if I got the arms correct there's an edit of a smaller hand if the current one is too big
[Image: puff1.png]
its more like other things are too big.... in comparsion the hip may not be big enough then maybe?

I like the alien the green second light looks nice! Surprise
Maybe his eyes should reflect it too!
you should make her breasts smaller so they balance out better with the hips, also breasts aren't spheres attached to the body, they sag a little.

for the et dude whose name I forgot, the yellowish light should spread a little further to make it moody.
Yeah, if you were to go with huge j-cups the body should at least be of proportionate size, or otherwise.

Loving Abe though. And Getter-R Go's pelvis is a bit too big, at least compared to his bretheren super deformed, and the guy with the beam sabre's gem crystal shading looks weird.. At least, I think it is.
For the chick, you have to make her arms a tad bit longer, or make her torso more proportioned with her arms AND legs.

Right now her torso's a tad bit too long compared to her arms and legs.
Making her arms look like... Cat Arms. =3

Also, her posture is kinda awkward, I tried editing it to see what you were trying to do with her posture.

But your other stuff look awesome!
[Image: 6gbokj.jpg]

Gave it a shot.
The original breast size was too large for me to comprehend correctly, so I toned it down to see if I can get it down on pixel.
the standing pose you've got looks unnaturally tilted, flip it over to see balance issues

also the way you drew her legs lack hips, you may wnt to add slight curves on it. the hair color you chose for her looks better though.

I think the hand pose is better in the rough sketch than in any of the colored ones, it makes more sense imo. overall, I like your edit, but there are some aspects of virtualboy's that I like better.
@Tae Kwon Doug (Gors?)
for the messed up body, to be honest I was focusing too much on the breast, looking back at it her legs and arms were too smallSad
[Image: puff2.png]

More Lighting on his side, Also his name is Abe, but I might just make it a regular mudokon.
[Image: mudokon.png]
@gaia
Tried making lower area smaller
[Image: neogett.png]
Ooooh NICE!!!

You got the hands perfectly, I still need to learn how to do that. =D
Abe is the one with the stripe across his eyes and a different hue, to help tell him apart from the other mudokons. Also, have you used the other getters as a ref? It might help if you also flipped the sprite to see some of the flaws in the pelvic area. I can understand about the lady's hooters though, only human~
I find the girl's pose rather stiff, so I tried finding some more dynamic alternatives:
[Image: ePTGV.png]
Also a few changes made to shading and various other things. You're improving, so keep it up! Smile
I like them all Surprise, I forgot about Paint.net
I don't want to copy the poses exactly. So I tried a newer pose. (I did use one of the legs you drew)
[Image: puff3.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6