The VG Resource

Full Version: My Sprite Showcase >:D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 1zo7mth.png]

My Sprites Big Grin
okay, now tell me which were the base sprites you edited those from.

those look really simple and poor. You do seem to have some grasp of anatomy and color picking, though I fear those were spliced from official sprites.
I used Base only for some sprites in the whole sheet there. The base i used was Angryboy's LSWi Base.
Other sprites were all custom...and i referred to some sprites.That's all Cute
this would be the base sheet he is referring to

well it'd be nice to see your original works (works not built around a base or edited from an existing sprite)
We can't much help you if you've been using a base, its hard even with the base shown to know what comes from your own skill and what came from the base.
but problems I immediately see are slight lack in contrast between light and dark tones and occasional pillowing.
http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy/dbz...index.html
Hi.
We're not really accepting of edits here as most of them are lazy or bland and don't really bring out the potential of a spriter. Especially generic edits of things done a million times. Like Sonic Advance fan-characters and DBZ Legend edits. Why not show us something custom you can do instead.
oh boy i bet you were so expecting us to drool at this.

i'd say the optimus prime at the bottom right is his only original work, plus to an extent the venom protrait(though i fear that was eyeballed)

and based off from it, you're pretty terrible and base-dependant. you really dont know how to shade, nor how to to pick colors, or even how to properly do a linework.
Well, the Optimus Prime looks really cool! I'd suggest you check out our Spriting Dictionary to learn some cool new tricks though. There's a bunch of things you could mess around with here, like hue shifting, not working with outlines, etc. ;D

Yeah, most people here don't like edits unless they're pretty heavy dude. Very Sad

Try to work on one sprite and do it really detailed, instead of hitting us with a bunch of sprites that we have to sort though. @.@

And welcome to the forums! Wink
(12-21-2012, 02:08 PM)Cobalt Blue Wrote: [ -> ]oh boy i bet you were so expecting us to drool at this.

Are such comments necessary? No. Are they appreciated? No. I told you before, please don't make comments of this kind, they aren't serving any good cause.
Is it so hard to accept this?
i'd rather be warned than this silly thing you just did.
Guys? i used the base for some old sprites like the tekken ones, the comics one.
other than that, i kinda trace it instead of using a base ..neither do i edit it off a pre-existing sprite guys. I trace it so that i can make some custom poses for example take the revamp of the blonde guy above..that pose was custom by me.Thanks for the C&C's guys. I'll update this topic soon. Cute aaaaand i don't use bases these days...
what im tryn'ta say is that i trace for the head shape and for the proportion of the body. That's all.
tracing is still using the base, regardless to the extent, you got the shape of the body from the base, which if they were instead custom works would look entirely different, in style, age, context, role, readability.
as with all forms of visible artistic mediums, shape and form are the base of the entire thing. pixel art more than most will change drasticly by the smallest of details in the form. You got the shape and form from the base, hence the inherit similarities between your collective works, which as already stated, if were custom instead, could have and would have taken entirely different directions in design.
..... Seems good, but not convicing enough. We really don't accept edits unless they:
A. Have enough action animations to be use in fangames/sprite comic
B. Edited to be used in a hack and to be blended in to another game (like Sonic in Chaotix)
C. Edited enough to be indistinguishable from the original base (nice try though).

Other than those reason, we don see any use of them. We're now leaning more toward to baseless Pixel art since Indie games are gaining popularity and thus we could get a job making sprites from scratch. I sugess that you keep practicing on editing those sprites to make something original and make sure they looked good; So far, I don't see much in them.
They look pretty neat.

Have you made any animations with them?
Owh Sure Guys! I'm spriting a Megatron now
And
@Ran Master, Yeah I did >Cute