The VG Resource

Full Version: SSB4 Rumor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Even though it's a rumor, it sounds interesting.

http://www.examiner.com/article/rumored-...s-revealed
I don't really know what to trust regarding SSB4 rumors, but if this is true...

"Platinum Games is interested in including a character"

...I hope to god it's Jack Cayman. Probably not likely considering the tone of SSB, but then again they had Snake in the last game so whatever.
I don't usually trust these rumours until there've been official announcements. What's the point?
Quote:strayed too much towards Eastern characters like Fire Emblem and Mother

Damn you japanese developers and your recent disregard for yourselves!

Either way, they're rumors, so don't attach too much to them. Several of them are interesting, but far from mind-blowing. Positive, I suppose except for the thing I quoted.
Well, if it is true, it sounds okay so far.

Dillon is from that new DS game? The cowboy armadillo? That'd be pretty cool imo.

I was hoping for a little more Namco influence on the roster, though.

*takes some salt*
yes I hope Namco is in the new super smash brosssss

Like Megaman was in all those portable Zelda games Capcom made

and Sonic was in F-Zero GX hahaha woah

(this sounds way meaner than it's intended but OH WELL. The point is just that it wouldn't make much sense, hehe~) (maybe it would make sense for guest characters, but I sure hope they fill them with not namco-only, if they're even happening this time around even)
Although its just a rumor, a lot of the logic makes sense. Little Mac obviously was at least a little on Sakurai's mind for Brawl, seeing as he qualified as an assist trophy, and this was before his own revival. In fact, Kid Icarus' revival could be linked to his presence in Brawl (whether or not his inclusion in Brawl or the general plan to revive the series came first, but that's kind of a moot point seeing as it pretty much could work either way). The same effect could be used to revive interest in Takamaru, which already got a bit of love with the Nintendo Land minigame.

The rest of it I feel like is just trying to get my hopes up. King K. Rool and Ridley have been two characters I've wanted to play as for the longest time, and I always felt like they have been wanting to include them in some way. In Brawl they finally made Ridley a boss, and K. Rool keeps popping up as trophies (albeit with information in their descriptions that contradicts story, at least in the english releases of the game). What DOES get me nervous if it is true is the mention of Ridley being based on the Other M evolution. What confuses me is the wording about the "gameplay" being derived from it. I don't understand what that means exactly, but I assume they just mean using that design, which I didn't quite like as much. Mostly the design of his head rubs me the wrong way for some reason compared to more classic Ridley designs.

Anyway, if I keep talking I'll spend the next century talking about Smash Brothers and speculation, so I'd better quit while I can.
Ghirahim needs to be a playable character.
That is all.
Roy...
I'm okay with Roy being brought back as long as he isn't a clone of Marth again. I'd much rather see Mewtwo again though.

Oh, and for the sake of discussion, Little Mac and Takamaru being in SSB4 is very likely. I mean they've already gotten the love they needed from Nintendo so I see no excuse why Sakurai won't put them in.

Far as third party characters go I expect Pacman to make his debut in this one, since Namco is helping out with the development I don't see why they won't put him in.
I think I've already mentioned this before, but adding again for the sake of discussion.
I'd really like to see:
Pacman- If Namco is really developing it, it seems very logical. It'd be cool to see his final smash working like sonic and Pikachu where he changes back to classic design and "waka waka"s around the screen.
Masked Man (Mother3)-If it is true that they're trying to steer away from Japanese exclusive, this might be less likely, but regardless, I still want to see it. There are so many things that could be done with him.
Waluigi-Another Nintendo representative that represents all of the party games (Mario Party, racing, tennis, etc.). We have Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser doing nintendo platforming, Yoshi and DK representing their respective spinoff titles, and Wario and his WarioWare games. It'd be neat to see Waluigi representing all of the casual sport/party games, with moves like hitting a dice block, whacking with a tennis racket, or racing across the screen.

Also, do you think it's likely info on it will be released on the 31st like the link says, or is it too early for any information?
(12-18-2012, 01:11 AM)Mutskeeter Wrote: [ -> ]yes I hope Namco is in the new super smash brosssss

Like Megaman was in all those portable Zelda games Capcom made

and Sonic was in F-Zero GX hahaha woah

(this sounds way meaner than it's intended but OH WELL. The point is just that it wouldn't make much sense, hehe~) (maybe it would make sense for guest characters, but I sure hope they fill them with not namco-only, if they're even happening this time around even)

[Image: mario-kart-arcade-gp.jpg]

[Image: soulcalibur210.jpg]

Namco loves guest characters, and they've already crossed over with Nintendo before. Not to mention that Smash Bros. is a huge fucking marketing tool and if Namco is helping to make it, they'll want in on that.

And Xenoblade is connected to Xenosaga, so there's some actually franchise mingling already.

And besides that, what's wrong with hoping for Namco characters? Is there seriously a rule on what you can and cannot want in a game based on what another person thinks makes sense?

So yeah, it wouldn't have made sense for F-Zero or Zelda... but it makes total fucking sense for the game that's literally a crossover orgy.

It's not like i came up and said; "Gee, Travis Touchdown could be a pretty good Smash candidate because I feel like it."

But even if I did it shouldn't be a problem. But since I didn't here's what i actually said:

"Gee, I hope the company with a history of cross-pollination with Nintendo who is helping to develop the game and owns a franchise which shares the same universe as one of Nintendo's games has a little bit of influence on the roster of the biggest marketing tool in the history of the medium, a series which just so happens not to have a canonical storyline and is completely built around the idea that no-story is better and anyone can play. That would be pretty cool."
Regarding Roy, I don't think he has much chance. I doubt they'd ever oust Marth, so he's stickin' around. The second slot will probably go either to Ike or be replaced with Krom (who could probably operate similarly, in a Mewtwo -> Lucario way). And I don't think Fire Emblem is big enough to get a third slot, even if this rumor didn't say that they don't want to have too much focus on their "eastern" IP.

But hey, we can always hope right? Just like I still hope for new F-Zero and more Drill Dozer.
It's still silly to expect early rumours to focus on non-Nintendo character for a game that's basically focused on that and not on an all around cast of character. Namco said before that they're probably not including their own characters too or at least not focusing on that until probably pretty late in development. Like they said, it's still Sakurai's game, not theirs.

I just find it silly that if "X company is helping/making a game of another company's IP, their characters should be there". Soul Calibur 2 is not a good example, seen that the Xbox and PS2 had exclusives too. Mario Kart GP was definately weird, but it was still arcade only.

Nothing wrong with hoping, it was just my 2 cents.
(12-18-2012, 03:10 PM)Kitsu Wrote: [ -> ]But hey, we can always hope right? Just like I still hope for new F-Zero and more Drill Dozer.

SSBB got my hopes up for a Drill Dozer sequel... still hoping.
Pages: 1 2 3 4