The VG Resource

Full Version: DE-Tessellation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so I've looked at the models on this site and notice that they all are triangles. I don't know if this is because they auto tessalate when they are exported from a game, or if they start out that way but, if it is auto tessellation It would make sense. Would anyone know of a quick way to fuse the offending triangles into quads or would this be done manually? keep in mind i'm a blender user.
(12-17-2012, 05:09 PM)Red Streak Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so I've looked at the models on this site and notice that they all are triangles. I don't know if this is because they auto tessalate when they are exported from a game, or if they start out that way but, if it is auto tessellation It would make sense. Would anyone know of a quick way to fuse the offending triangles into quads or would this be done manually? keep in mind i'm a blender user.
Triangles are easier to process for the gpu so almost each game uses those.
You could also like google "Blender Convert Triangles to Quads" Tongue
(12-19-2012, 05:31 PM)Paratroopah! Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2012, 05:09 PM)Red Streak Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so I've looked at the models on this site and notice that they all are triangles. I don't know if this is because they auto tessalate when they are exported from a game, or if they start out that way but, if it is auto tessellation It would make sense. Would anyone know of a quick way to fuse the offending triangles into quads or would this be done manually? keep in mind i'm a blender user.
Triangles are easier to process for the gpu so almost each game uses those.
You could also like google "Blender Convert Triangles to Quads" Tongue

Thanks a lot. it's kind of funny but I found that function the other day which made me happy. I'm still going to re-topologize the arms as they just aren't built well and I hope despite their hexagonal nature they will deform correctly with the right edge loops. on a side note I found some models of banjo and kazooie, and my goodness they're built weird each and every facial expression is it's own mesh it's crazy and probably not usable. thanks so much for that info.