The VG Resource

Full Version: A Multi-Language PM Database "Ping's PokéDex"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to this forum, so if this post conflicts to your rules, please just help me delete it...

Anyway, here is an app for Windows ME/XP/Vista/7/8 called "Ping's PokéDex". I started this project last summer, and keep on updating the app 27 times.

I came from China, where Pokemon games don't have official release, and due to that, information is usually not as complete as here (probably you don't understand the situation here, in China there' no uniformed names for even pokemons, moves, ailities, and items. So that's my initial purpose of doing this project --- to have a uniformed database that Chinese pokemon fans could use so people won't get confused when others talking about some names that they don't know but actually they do just because others are using different translated words for that.

However, I then realize this would be a great app not only for Chinese, but also for people using other languages, because datastructure itself is the same, the only thing matters is the name. So I made it multi-languaged and sharing it with you now.

Here's a screenshot of v0.24 (the most recent version now is 0.27), and the reason I'd like to use this one is that in this screenshot you can see the app includes all QR codes for every single Pokemon. You can use your 3DS to scan them pretend that they are in battle Smile

[Image: 024.png]

Here's the link to its --
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/PingsPokeDex
Google Site Download: https://sites.google.com/site/pingspokedex

more than two thousand Chinese PM fans have downloaded my app, and gave me pretty positive feedbacks. Hope you could also enjoy it, and please give me any feedback and I will greatly appreciate it.

Ping
I moved the topic to our GameDev section (it's for non-game apps and programs, too)~
(12-14-2012, 06:01 PM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]I moved the topic to our GameDev section (it's for non-game apps and programs, too)~

Thanks Previous. I thought this is related to Pokemon, and it's not a "game", so I posted it there...