The VG Resource

Full Version: Parappa the Rapper 2 - Voice Clips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well after a long time of trying to figure out how to do this, I finally managed to get the voice clips of PtR2. However, I'm not ripping these directly from the game, I've replaced all of the game's music track files with a track that has no audio, making the voice clips play alone without music. I've played the game in an emulator and recorded an entire gameplay session with audacity, and I'm splitting the clips up to individual .wavs. Well, here are some. I can't get all of them, because most of the stages make my computer run extremely slow causing the sounds to be slowed down, and those sound horrid and aren't good enough for uploading. So, I got the ones I could and I'll have more up eventually.

Guru Ant (Food Court Stage)

Chop Chop Master Onion (Food Court Stage)

Beard Burger Master (Food Court Stage)

Hairdesser Octopus (Food Court Stage)

I'll have more up soon, I only have two right now because I wanted to get the forum post out of the way so I can post them as I work on them.
Update - I found an option in pcsx2 that disables audio lag, meaning the audio isn't effected by the FPS at all, meaning I can rip every stage no matter how crappy my framerate is. I'm currently working on BIG.
Only curious, but I'm guessing PSound does not work on this game? If not then sorry you had to go through all that!
(12-14-2012, 02:46 PM)Mighty Jetaku Wrote: [ -> ]Only curious, but I'm guessing PSound does not work on this game? If not then sorry you had to go through all that!

Isn't PSound meant for PS1 games only?

Edit: Doesn't work anyway.

Edit 2: Opening SCUS_971.67 with PSound gives me a few sounds, but no voice clips.
If anyone wants to preview the ones I'm breaking up:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/66564653/big%20rip.wav

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/66564653/noodles%201.wav

___

Also, a "ding" sound effect sometimes plays before the master's voice clips. What can I do about this? Should I just leave the ding in or leave the voice clip out completely? I can't remove it in any way for sure, so it has to either stay or the entire clip gets left out.
sorry it took me 5 years to come back here.
I... would probably leave the clips in. they might be useful for someone anyway.
okay I asked other staff and they say to remove the sounds that have the ding cause they wouldn't be useful. sorry Surprise
hello? just a reminder for the above. Tongue