The VG Resource

Full Version: My 1st Try at Makeing 100% Custom Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: bad.png]

This is Keroro From Keroro Gunso i was kinda bored and wanted to see how this came out
This is my first try at making a 100% custom sprite and.....dose it suck as bad as i think it dose?
You should probably give us more information as to what you are spriting, it will help us give you better crits, I have no idea what it is.
(09-14-2008, 09:10 AM)mozzy Wrote: [ -> ]You should probably give us more information as to what you are spriting, it will help us give you better crits, I have no idea what it is.

Ehe oops sorry hang on
Your main problem is that the outline is too sketchy.
See if you can smoothen it up a bit.
That's the main character from Sargent Frog, right? I don't follow the series, but I've heard of him. Mozzy; you should totally watch more anime. :V
I'm not too familiar with the character, but IIRC, the headpiece is one whole thing. It's not bad, but it needs a bit more contrast and less pillowshading (on the legs).

For a first, it's actually nice.
(09-14-2008, 10:27 AM)Mr. Buttbutt Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not too familiar with the character, but IIRC, the headpiece is one whole thing. It's not bad, but it needs a bit more contrast and less pillowshading (on the legs).

For a first, it's actually nice.
If ya talking head to body No it's meant to be like that, But if ya talking the Hat I'm not sure cuz the flaps are in the back see.:

[Image: keroro.jpg]

and yeah i need to work on my shading
The head needs to be a lot bigger, judging by that pic.
Well, if it's a hat, most likely it's just one piece.
Just get rid of those extra lines and it'll be good(and it'll make it look less of a circle). And make his/her hands like the ref if you want, but I guess it's not needed.

Hold on, making an edit on shading and colors.
[Image: thisisaneditsxu8.png]
Edited the lineart a bit, changed the colors to have more contrast, shaded it better. Just to show you what I mean with the hat and the colors.
(09-14-2008, 10:55 AM)Mr. Buttbutt Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if it's a hat, most likely it's just one piece.
Just get rid of those extra lines and it'll be good(and it'll make it look less of a circle). And make his/her hands like the ref if you want, but I guess it's not needed.

Hold on, making an edit on shading and colors.
[Image: thisisaneditsxu8.png]
Edited the lineart a bit, changed the colors to have more contrast, shaded it better. Just to show you what I mean with the hat and the colors.

I See...damn. it dsoe look better
Just learn from the edit. And practice.
You're already better than 50% of the millions of people in the internet claiming to be a "custom spriters". Smile
(09-14-2008, 11:58 AM)Mr. Buttbutt Wrote: [ -> ]Just learn from the edit. And practice.
You're already better than 50% of the millions of people in the internet claiming to be a "custom spriters". Smile

Okay *See's the topic with the so called "Custom Shadow Sprites"* ohh yeah surely better Ouch!'
I hope that wasn't sarcasm, because those Shadow sprites were horrible.
Not that you should discuss another persons "sprites" in another topic other than thiers :/
Oh okay, I'll just go over to that topic and post what I-

Oh, it's locked.
Pages: 1 2