The VG Resource

Full Version: Mega Man X Street Fighter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's like i'm really playing a fan game~

I'm going to play this, and i'll probably enjoy it. Cause I like free games.
But the feeling, man... The soul just isn't there.
This is an obviously lazy attempt at pleasing the fans without putting in real time or effort.
I remember hearing about this a long time ago.

Because originally, it WAS a fan game. They...they seriously took a fan game and decided to call it their 25th anniversary celebration?

ahah
ahahahahhaha
capcom

sometimes you just
I feel like doing a mod gen equivilant now, as mm is in dire need of a graphical update and a change of pace.

So starsock, permission to do so, or will it be still pigeonholdin'? I want to actually USE these for a fangame, ya know.
can we please stop milking classic megaman capcom

at least make it an x game that isnt x over
come on
(12-08-2012, 08:23 PM)Gaia Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like doing a mod gen equivilant now, as mm is in dire need of a graphical update and a change of pace.

So starsock, permission to do so, or will it be still pigeonholdin'? I want to actually USE these for a fangame, ya know.

It's "pigeon hole" not "pigeon hold"

and...I'm...I'm not your mom? I just gave you advice on how to improve your art. Whether you want to improve or produce isn't really up to me, you don't need my permission...
Ah, okay then. Just that I feel that there's someone breathing down my neck when it comes to this stuff and that's.. not exactly a good thing..

(I.E. No matter the style my ref will always look like an emerl edit, but that's actually not that true, as I'll debunk it here. It actually started off as a "Knight Gundam" edit, but because of the design was unable to be carried over to the sonic sprite style, so adjustments HAD to be made. In a sense he wound up being well, an emerl edit. Over the years I got better, so it might end up going back full circle, but these days edits are being looked down upon though there still are alot out there so.. it's Gundam -> Sonic/Mega Man -> ???)
I guess this is a bit off-topic, but you really shouldn't take criticism as something that's meant to wear you down or plague you at every turn. It's supposed to help you, so lighten up a bit, y'know? My goal isn't to make you feel bad about yourself, but to tell you how to get better based on what I'm seeing. It's not like I think you're some terrible person just because you're stuck, I mean, I'm stuck on all sorts of things myself.

If your ref isn't getting anywhere, I think it'd be better to drop it for awhile and try improving your art doing other things, then come back to it later. If you've come to a roadblock where you don't know what kind of things you can do, then trying to strong-arm your way past your block isn't always gonna work. Trying different things might help you get more ideas and loosen up some.

but in terms of this game, um
I think classic's gameplay is really overdone and boring. I mean, especially considering there's all these spinoffs (x/zero/zx) that are kind of the same thing except with more variety beyond "jump and shoot and stuff", idk why they don't just do something with those...or, y'know, use sprites that aren't 8-bit and do something more like mega man 8 where they kind of tried to update the gameplay a little bit.
Thanks for the clearup, I guess it was all that pressure that was making things irritable..

Aside from that, this game is just basically another thing for me to ignore it's existance or pass it off as another 8-bit fangame, as I really don't care about the drama that goes down at Unity.
Even though Megaman and Capcom is such an enormous debacle right now... I actually want to play this game. Even knowing that the game is based on a fangame and Capcom's really half-assing it. It does look fast-paced and fun to me.

I mean come on, it's worlds better than that Megaman X turn-based boss battle game.
I'll give it ago it looks entertaining even if it is just for laughs. Hell maybe we'll like this guys.

Atleast it's free. If they actually charged for this just augh. It's really disappointing though that this is what they commemorate the 25th anniversary with. Especially for such a popular franchise. It's almost like they just don't give a fuck.
(12-08-2012, 11:38 PM)м▲я✞H Wrote: [ -> ]I'll give it ago it looks entertaining even if it is just for laughs. Hell maybe we'll like this guys.

Atleast it's free. If they actually charged for this just augh. It's really disappointing though that this is what they commemorate the 25th anniversary with. Especially for such a popular franchise. It's almost like they just don't give a fuck.

no that's exactly what its like
Um, this is a fangame, and one that the author had shown off about a year ago on the Fusion Fangaming site. Capcom has pissed me off a lot lately, but I still respect them for their praise and uplifting of fangames. This fangame is a perfect opportunity for the 25th anniversary of both of the franchises, and the author gets MAJOR recognition. I don't see the problem here.
I don't know how to put this, but I think Street Fighter is more popular than Mega Man, considering what the franchise is getting for it's 25th and appearance in Wreck-It Ralph, so having a 25th anniversary fangame for both parties is kinda counterproductive on Mega Man's part.
Pages: 1 2 3