The VG Resource

Full Version: Mega Man X4 SFX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey gaiz I'm back with more sounds for you. Here's nearly all of the sound effect samples I could get off from Mega Man X4. Tongue

The samples were located in various .ARC files in the "ARC" directory of the game. The samples were ripped with PSound. Again with the no-name samples but I did try to make an in effort pitch-correcting them (the voices mainly).

Feel free to notify if there are any problems.

Reploid drama DL links:
All SFX - https://www.dropbox.com/s/0d601yhp5blh4o8/MMX4SFX.zip ~8.8 MB
Yay~! Big Grin
I think these'll be useful for people. Uploaded~

*Mr. Burns voice* Excellent!
(12-06-2012, 10:35 AM)Nero1024 Wrote: [ -> ]*Mr. Burns voice* Excellent!

I can't thank you enough for posting these sounds! So many great sound effects to use at my disposal... (Muhahahah!)

I could never figure out what it was about the X games I loved so much, until I realized that the sound files were just phenomenal!
Could we expect a pack of MMX6 sound effects sometime down the road? There was a good chunk in that game specifically that I've been after for quite a while. Longer than X4 and 5.
That would be very pleasing and I would appreciate it, gladly.

~Thank you very much.

[MOVery Sad The user has been notified about our request rules.]
I already asked him about ripping from the PSX MMX games. Wink
He's gonna see what he can do.
A lot of these seem to either not work or end early.
(12-23-2012, 11:13 AM)PrettyNier Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of these seem to either not work or end early.

That is likely b/c these are the raw samples before they're processed by the PS1 SPU (pitch-bending, reverb, etc.), also some samples loop which might also explain why they maybe cut short.
Could you please tell me how did you extract the .ARC files?

I've been trying to do some edits on that game (restoring the japanese voices mostly), but I haven't found a way to extract and repack ARC files. That's the only thing holding my little project back.

Thanks!

(I just sent you a PM about this too, sorry for double posting, but I wasn't sure if you were coming back to this thread anymore!)
well, just the PM would have been good enough, he's fairly active. since this is a necropost, I will lock this thread.