The VG Resource

Full Version: Save the Pikakiri!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
someone in the workshop recommended me to post this here, so yeah, here i am xD

[Image: stppromo.jpg]

Save the pikakiri is a lil pixel platformer-adventure game where you can break anything and make your own path through the levels digging, burning stuff, shooting your way through, etc
theres a beta in steam workshop right now that took us 3 weeks of work, its quite refined but of course theres still a lot of work to do but you can see already what is all about

you can play it already here : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...searchtext=
if you dont know how to play gm games in steam then you can download the game here : http://www.el-sato.com/savethepikakiri.exe

and of course, if you like it, rate it in the workshop, since its for a contest xD

here some screenshots and videos :
[Image: stp1.png][Image: stp2.png][Image: stp3.png][Image: stp4.png][Image: stp5.png][Image: stp6.png][Image: stp7.png][Image: stp8.png][Image: stp9.png][Image: stp10.png][Image: stp11.png][Image: stp12.png]

have fun!
Ohh, this game looks cute and relaxing. I'll try to remember to play it later.
Ooh, I've seen your work on PJ, very nice!

Also omg I love those trees
I like the look of this! I also like how you can destroy the terrain as you're firing away. I look forward to seeing more about this Smile.
Yup, that was me, I referred you here. Welcome!

The game was a lot of fun dude, I'm hoping you win the November comp! ;D
Hey El Sato, I remember you from DevianArt, not sure if you remember me though!

Your char is cool as always, and seeing a game starring him feels really nice! Will test it when I have the time!
hey thanks for the nice comments!
and mag thanks for the recommendation i didnt knew this site had a forum xD
I appreciate your efforts to refer all these cool people, mag

The site really needed some new talent and some neat stuff to look at. I second sengir's statement about the trees. This style's got the kind of bright colors that I'm into.
veo que al final pudieron sacar ese juego adelante. recuerdo haber visto material de todo eso desde hace aƱos
This looks cute! I will play it later!! Surprise
I played the demo now and it is AWESOME!! the music is great and the graphics sooooo cute! i died a few times thoug... Embarassed

it is really good made! but maybe some things can be better? i find the text box hard to read because the text is so small and they like to be outside of the screen or the healt bar is in the way! also the background does not move when i jump what looked really weird!

First i did think the flamethrower was far to strong but then i noticed it does not refill like rifle and drill!Wink
Wow, this looks really great!

I haven't tried the demo yet but from the videos alone, I only have one suggestion:
Could you make the sound effect from shooting the ground less loud and/or annoying?

I was just sitting here trying to watch this relaxing game and listen to this relaxing music but suddenly you started digging through the ground and then it's like ddddddddddddddddddddddddddkspkjopekjpgfdsgstjrkoptfugfdsgsyopgfdsgsseaw (loud sound effects) and you can't hear the music or anything very well and it sort of detracts from the experience.
hi, first, thanks for playing it!
second, you guys are right those are mostly the things people been saying i should fix, particularly the messageboxes and the drill sound are things everyone wants me to change xD so i will definitelly do it, already changed some of those things actually, but i cant update the game til after the judging is done or ill get disqualified, thats after december 8 i think
thanks for all your feedback it really helps Big Grin