The VG Resource

Full Version: Video game footages anyone seen, made etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have seen both
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bui42EAErUU

and also a video of my own that I made [yes I am Fira777 from YouTube]
which is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFA-2U7FOaM
I only watch these two guys.

I rarely watch video game footage. The only time I do is when I need help with a game and can only find video walkthroughs, or if I need to check a part of a game I've played and but can't go back to. For example, when I ripped some Professor Layton voices I needed to check the names of some characters in a cutscene, but I had already finished the game and couldn't re-view it, so I just watched that bit on a walkthrough.

Apart from that though I don't often Let's Plays or video game recordings. Not including gameplay trailers, of course.
^ P. much me, unless it's to see how a game plays to determine if it's interesting enough for me to get it.
Otherwise, if I'm in the mood I may watch a LP of a game with or without commentary that I'm really interested in, but most time I don't because I'm not interested in hearing the commentators' vulgar language (yes that actually usually bugs me when watching gameplay, mostly because it's annoying though).
Basically what puggsoy said, along with watching a few of the humorous let's plays and such (Amnesia, Slenderman, etc.) and if I'm ripping a game to search for any missing frames that I might need.

As for making let's plays, my friends back home did quite a few for L.A. Noire that I helped with, along with playing through all of the Legend of Zelda games. Not sure what happened to them though, never made it up onto Youtube.
I mainly watch LPs/walkthroughs from two guys on YouTube (SSoHPKC and Tatsudoshi) and some online matches from various games (usually Goldeneye 007 Wii). I have recorded some stuff (no commentary as I have no mike) as well, but it's usually only online matches of a few games I've played.
i follow an absurd amount of let's players. deceasedcrab, runaway guys, pokecapn, batman9502, game grumps, protonjon, roahmmythril, brickroadbrickroad... that's just off the top of my head.

i've also made some let's plays, though i didn't really follow up on them. i should continue those at some point.
I watch a bit of Game Grumps, because they're pretty funny to listen to, but generally I'd rather play a game than watch it
One i used to go regularly was a channel of longplay videos. (Cubex55) now i've stopped due to ads being on the videos. It pisses me off.

Most of the time, i look for footage of games i want to rediscover or decide to try out after learning about it. My favorite finds are very obscure MS-DOS games
Also, when it comes to watching game videos. I always avoid any video with commentary. I want to hear the music, and sound effects.
I'd rather play a game than watch somebody play a game. While it can be entertaining watching someone, I would want my own experience and be surprised about it

I sometimes do some Let's Plays when I stream. It can be fun! (and weird)
Just HCBailly, really.
(11-30-2012, 10:33 PM)recolorme Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather play a game than watch somebody play a game.

(11-30-2012, 10:33 PM)recolorme Wrote: [ -> ]I would want my own experience and be surprised about it

These. Honestly watching videos in general has just gotten boring for me for the most part, unless it's a subject I'm really interested in.
I normally don't watch gameplay videos or let's plays. I sometimes watched my brother playing some stuf like Gears of War etc but in general, it's not really much fun.
However, the BBs are somewhat different. A huge factor is that I know them from my early internet days. I also like their humour for the most part and they can be so ridiculously bad at playing.
MJ's last post, including the quotes. That's the main reason I don't watch LPs. Even if it's a game I'll never play (e.g. Slender) I'd rather spend my time playing a game than watching someone playing one, it's more fun.

To be honest most of my YouTube history in general consists only of GMod videos, SFM videos, and music.
I watched tons of Silent Hill 3 through videos. I'm pretty fascinated by the story and such things, but I'm too much of a chicken to play it myself.

Otherwise I'll just watch gameplay vids long enough to find out what kind of gameplay they have for sake of discussion/curiosity, and every now and then I'll watch a LP for a laugh.
Pages: 1 2