The VG Resource

Full Version: Tvtropes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have you visited Tvtropes recently? I have to say that it's one of the most addicting sites ever. (I wonder if it has a page about tSR...)
TvTropes has a search feature, y'know.

You type in "The Spriters Resource" into the search bar and press enter. Then it brings up a list of entries telling you what pages contain that particular phrase.
This particular search doesn't return any pages dedicated to TSR, but there are a few links to resources.

But yes, they can be pretty addicting. You'll be reading about something specific and be like "huh I wonder what this one means exactly" and then you click it and then 3 hours later you find yourself in a bathtub filled with ice.
i read the fridge brilliance pages sometimes.
I read lots of pages, favorites show, games, other stuff. You'd be surprised at stuff you never notice until you read it.
WARNING
If you find yourself on Tvtropes, do not, repeat, do not interact with their userbase.
Extended exposure to Tvtropes users can result in severely compromised social skills, crippling anme addiction, loss of all self-awareness or perspective, and sexual attraction towards underage cartoon animals.

There is currently no known cure for troperism, however it is often safely contained because tropers exist in a voluntary quarantine by alienating themselves from the rest of the species, and the side-effects severely limit any possibility of forming relationships with other humans or any potential chance of breeding.
I keep forgetting to use it. I've only used it for the Bomberman Jetters anime and it was amusing to read.
Thinking about it now, I'm gonna go check on a certain favorite PSX game there...
Its interesting, but it takes sooooo long to read through one thing you're mildly interested in, and by then I lose interest.
(11-29-2012, 07:01 PM)PatientZero Wrote: [ -> ]
WARNING
If you find yourself on Tvtropes, do not, repeat, do not interact with their userbase.
Extended exposure to Tvtropes users can result in severely compromised social skills, crippling anme addiction, loss of all self-awareness or perspective, and sexual attraction towards underage cartoon animals.

There is currently no known cure for troperism, however it is often safely contained because tropers exist in a voluntary quarantine by alienating themselves from the rest of the species, and the side-effects severely limit any possibility of forming relationships with other humans or any potential chance of breeding.

The one reason why I stay away from TVTropes is because of the nightmarish userbase. Not only are they insanely creepy, but they're also entitled and stuck in hugbox mentality.

Then there's also that need to report on tropes that nobody wants to hear about (usually involving underage cartoon/anime/whatever characters), and it's just
bleh
I can't visit it without this stuff popping up in the back of my head.
Sometimes when I'm in an argument about nerd stuff I post links too TVtropes articles to better explain my different points.
I stopped visiting it after they underwent huge amounts of censorship
(11-29-2012, 07:01 PM)PatientZero Wrote: [ -> ]There is currently no known cure for troperism, however it is often safely contained because tropers exist in a voluntary quarantine by alienating themselves from the rest of the species, and the side-effects severely limit any possibility of forming relationships with other humans or any potential chance of breeding.

Wait this last bit........ Couldn't this possibly mean that
they become a separate species altogether?
If that's true, maybe we should publish an article on this and get famous...!
(11-29-2012, 07:01 PM)PatientZero Wrote: [ -> ]There is currently no known cure for troperism, however it is often safely contained because tropers exist in a voluntary quarantine by alienating themselves from the rest of the species, and the side-effects severely limit any possibility of forming relationships with other humans or any potential chance of breeding.
Wait, how is species transmution possible?
LOL, my family never knew about TV-Tropes until one day me eldest sister found it. She totally got insane-addicted to it and wouldn't even close the window. Hell, she simply puts her laptop into sleep mode instead of closing when not using it!
She showed it to be second-eldest sister. She got addicted too, but she doesn't go that far.
Well, I find the tropes there funny. But I don't go there much.
Since your a fanfiction writer TVtropes can be quite useful.

Don't even care about the community. It's resource for me. Sometimes it helps me create my fantasy Fan games in my head... And then I cry because I know they'll never be real!
Yeah, I know they can be useful. One of my favorite fanfiction authors (HyperInuyasha) is already a troper. A quite funny one, too.
Pages: 1 2