The VG Resource

Full Version: Portal, Metroid GBA Style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: l7YB3.png]

First off, I realize the rocket turret looks like crap. The turret in Portal has more joints and more exagerated movements when arming itself. That is just a concept test.

The sentry turret went through two other versions, the first being too small, and the second being too fat. The third one is closer to the game, IIRC.

The reason the portal itself has a version that bubbles out like a Zebesian door is because the flat version can be hard too see in certain environments. I thought about just using a gradient with additive blending, but since most of the enrichment center's test walls are white/light gray, that would be hell to look for. A rectangle seemed too obtrusive and clunky, too. So I made a bubble version and a flat version so users can pick as they please.
The rocket turret is a bit undershaded and out of style, you might want to look at Mecha Ridely for refrence if you are going all-out Metroid GBA, and Chell is more or less an edit of Zero Suit Samus from the looks of her as with the turret, her face is undershaded compared to her facing the player pose.
great work!! I hope you make gladis too! Shy