The VG Resource

Full Version: Scribblenauts Unlimited Stuff?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks! It's time I try to push things along again with recent games. As you may or may not know, Scribblenauts Unlimited was recently released for PC. Naturally, as an obsessive 5th Cell (and Scribblenauts) fan, I immediately went to looking through the game files for anything useful. However, being an idiot when it comes to anything programming, I couldn't get very far. It's time I call upon some help to unravel the mystery of the game files. I will state that some of the files are ACTUALLY pretty common filetypes, such as '.bik' files for the intro and outro movies, an SWF for the loader, and some others. Anyone who has it and has the capability of taking a look into the files, please do so! I will admit I'm a bit skeptical at finding anything useful in terms of sprites, due to the fact I suspect it is actually vector graphics in use. However, if they are able to be converted to either SWF, SVG, or other useful formats, they will be able to be examined more effectively!
I'm pretty sure there are tools to extract images from SWFs, so you should be able to use one of those to get the sprites in the loader. Just looked one up, SWFTOOLS looks good.

Otherwise I can't help much. If I owned the game I'd take a look at the other files, but hopefully someone else can help you with those.