The VG Resource

Full Version: Code Lyoko Sprite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: megatank.png]

my 1st code lyoko monster sprite *2nd i mean ill upload the 1st one when its done*

Sprite: MegaTank
TV Show: Code Lyoko
Copyright: MoonScoop

if you want to use this please give credit
also if you want to see more sprites like this send a pm and ill see if i can
*please note i my remake this at some point if i do then ill let you all[/size]
Well its unnecessarily huge, and the shading makes no sense in alot of places, namely all of it.
I suggest downsizing, alot. Then, start studying how lighting effects spheres.

Also, that credit tag doesn't need to be 100 miles long.
Nobody is going to use it in its current state anyways.
give me a break im still learning
Nah... You can have a break once I've helped you improve.

Nobody learns unless you put them under pressure.

So come on! Give it a shot Cute

Start with making it smaller. Try out some shading on the metal part only.
[Image: shaded-sphere.jpg]
Use something like this for refrence.
well the best size i can think of for the mega tank whould be this size of most godzilla sprites i make best thing i can do thanks for you help but how do i make him look like his rolling forward *aka like his rolling at the screen*
This thread caught my immediate attention since I began rewatching Code Lyoko last week. There was a /lot/ that I missed.

Anyway, I would suggest fixing the overall sprite design before you start animating it. The issue with the tank is that it is an essentially perfect sphere, save the groove that runs down the middle of it. While this groove would be awesome for conveying motion, the tank rolls along the axis concentric to the groove (so you're out of luck there). I'd suggest improving the idle sprite, and give it the texturing that it has in the show; it'll be much easier to replicate the rolling animation once you have it more akin to the actual design from the show.

So essentially, here's what I'd recommend:
First, downsize it. There's no need for it to have a nearly 100-pixel radius.
Second, don't use the circle tool. Draw out the circle by hand; it turns out much better in the end if you can get it right. Standard circles from Paint are usually ugly and don't work most of the time.
Third, shade it like it's a sphere. Learn how to visualize it in 3D, then imagine how the light would land on it and reflect off its surface.
Fourth, brush up on color choosing. Your colors clash too hard with each other in your shades, which makes a stark contrast and then it doesn't look natural.
Fifth, don't shrug off what we're telling you, man. Try to get this stuff done. Look forward to making mistakes. This is how you learn how to improve, and you won't go anywhere if we sit here and praise you when you can easily be much better than this~
10 steps ahead of you i made a remake of it

hows it look now?
did you just copied the shading in the example thumbtacks gave you? because that would be quite dumb of you.
inb4 thread gets out of hand

Don't mind the harshness here, we're just trying to help~
Okay, have you checked out the spriting dictionary? Shade that ball using an actual lightsource. Shade it like... the light is coming from the top-right, or something. You don't want to copy your references, because then you're not putting in as much effort yourself. Tongue
no why do you ask?

i was not copying it the color of the mega tank is black there fore i made him black

no wait i see why you asked i didn't even see that lol
this is cool!! the yellow should be more bright like in the picture!
pfff, anyway.

i am left to wonder if op is really here to get feedback or to simply share his sheet. because if you actually want to improve this, i'd sugest getting rid of everything and start all over, this time paying attention to the details and shading in the reference, rather than do a 10 minute sketch. this aint a remake or anything at all, its just a poorly done eyeballed copy of the source image. its in yourto either try to do this right, or simply leave it as it is and not give a fuck(like most of us will do quickly if you dont really show any kind of proper interest on this).
(11-23-2012, 06:44 PM)Cobalt Blue Wrote: [ -> ]pfff, anyway.

i am left to wonder if op is really here to get feedback or to simply share his sheet. because if you actually want to improve this, i'd sugest getting rid of everything and start all over, this time paying attention to the details and shading in the reference, rather than do a 10 minute sketch. this aint a remake or anything at all, its just a poorly done eyeballed copy of the source image. its in yourto either try to do this right, or simply leave it as it is and not give a fuck(like most of us will do quickly if you dont really show any kind of proper interest on this).

(pssst

he actually had a sheet prior to this that he completely scrapped, Meta.

Just throwing that out there)
im not getting rid of this *is the whole world out to get me or wait*
No, we're just being honest, and we're telling you what needs to be said if you want to improve
Pages: 1 2