The VG Resource

Full Version: Wii Modding?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, Google hasn't been able to turn up a sufficient answer in the time I had to search it this morning. I know some of you guys are into modding and what-not, and I was wondering if any of you know anything about being able to replace the internal hdd for the wii with one that's actually useful? I'd like a bit more space on there :p
What for? Just purchase a bigger SD card...
Are you just wanting to increase the storage capasity of your wii, or are you wanting it to hold more stuff?

If you are taking the mod route, this page from GBATEMP might help. Seems like a lot of work to keep a Wii vanilla to me.

If you are wanting a bigger drive for "backup" purposes, you'd do best to softmod your Wii and use an external hdd. All the Info
you need about softmodding can be found at WeHackWii.

hope this helps!
Just get an external drive and use homebrew.
I've got backups and softmods all taken care of, the problem is WiiWare and VC stuff. I keep getting errors when I try to run or transfer those channels back to the Wii from an SD card or external device. The only course I can think of would be to replace the internal hard drive with a better one.
Just occured to me, are you trying to transfer wad files via the default file manager at the main wii menu? That simply wont work.
You are going to need a Wad installation program. There are several and they all to the same thing basically. I use Mod Manager
myself, a quick Google search will give you a link.
Also be sure that you're NOT using an SDHC, because those don't work for most things.