The VG Resource

Full Version: Supernova's Sprite showcase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey fellows, I got a bunch of sprites to show to you all:
[Image: a9n09v.jpg]
[Image: 14csho8.jpg]
[Image: k2b98n.jpg]Yeah that's an edit from SMB 16-bit.
[Image: 15ft5bb.jpg]

Most of them are used in my fangames. C+C needed so I can improve.
Your lines are pretty good, Though you might want to work a bit on color selection.

Take the cars: Cars are normally shiny, so I'd increase the contrast on a few of the colors, Mainly the grays.
Besides the contrast, do I need to lower the saturation so it won't be that brightly colored?
these all could be more contrast and the fish looks really creeeeepy!! You're cars have all straight lines not round like real cars? Shy
(11-12-2012, 12:56 PM)SupaBuddie Wrote: [ -> ]You're cars have all straight lines not round like real cars? Shy
Just to give the car a retro taste.
Starting sprites on my indie, the miner:
[Image: 20ij610.jpg]
[Image: 64jk35.jpg]

I know the edge is really jagged, any suggestion to polish it?
he's facing a little "To the camera"
Turn his head a little ->> that way

Another thing, he seems to be walking from his knees in a few frames, Like in frame 8 it looks like his knee bends the wrong way. It should bend from the waist.

But the rest of the animation actually looks pretty good. nice and smooth.
The torso and head should move, too, instead of just dangling limbs. It could also use more contrast and as Thumbstacks said, he should probably face the direction he walks in (goes for head and torso).
Aside from that creepy pedo-fish.. everything looks really blocky.

You should work on some smooth lines. Like, rounded cars and stuff.
(11-14-2012, 12:23 AM)supernova Wrote: [ -> ]Starting sprites on my indie, the miner:

It looks like he's kicking the air with his right (?) leg. Frames 7 and 8 make absolutely no sense at all, which is weird, considering you kinda got it right on the other leg. I recommend you checking some walkcycle tutorials or walking animations.
(11-14-2012, 12:23 AM)supernova Wrote: [ -> ]Starting sprites on my indie, the miner:

All I can see in that design is this:
[Image: b7e191a79fe57ab9f6c603356b9d8071.png]
True that the miner was inspired by tf2 engineer. I might of chane the color and head later on, plus the some weird leg in frame 8. Thanks for the feedback! Wink