The VG Resource

Full Version: Rapture! The Game. A new sidescroller coming soon.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, I started this project a while ago, but the person I was originally working on this with unfortunately disappeared before even sending me a platform test.

We were originally creating this in flash, but I would be happy to have it made in another program as long as it is compatible/ playable for mac.
I have created a full sprite sheet for the main character and one enemy sprite sheet (both from scratch) so far. I also have a tile set that is more-or-less finished and am working on more tile sets and enemy sprite sheets currently.
My position in this project is creating everything from characters, tile sets, objects, backgrounds and music.

I'm looking for someone who is able to develop this into a game for pc/mac or a flash game.

My future plans for this, is to eventually re-create this as a .rom for GameBoy to sell at a discussed price with whomever my partner is and split the profits)
(Obviously I would like to make it as affordable as possible)

What this Game is About:

RAPTURE

The Apocalypse has begun. The world is destroyed and over run with Demons, Ghosts and Monsters.
Like many others, you have been left behind while the rest of the population have been raptured.
Your only chance to be saved is to rescue the helpless and injured while battling demons and over coming tough obstacles through each level.
But beware, you must choose your options wisely. If you decide to rescue the others you will be slowed down making your escape harder.

I have made a small wordpress site to showcase my work and progress of the game.
There isn't much to show for right now but feel free check it out.
RAPTURE THE GAME

I haven't posted full sprite sheets yet but if it's requested I will oblige.
Here's a little run and jump image to wet your appetite!
[Image: runjump.jpg?w=584]

I know I'm essentially "new" to the forums here, but I am really serious about creating this. I think it could be a really fun project.

I hope to hear soon from anyone interested.

Thanks for reading,

RaptureLucifer
I knew this was eerily similar.

Welcome back, EF-WHY-EL, I assume! I see you've developing this, I wish you luck. If you show steady progress, you might find people to help you.
Hey Gors! Yeah it's me. Thanks!
Yeah, I've really decided to go a head with this and stick this through.

Here's a cleaned up sprite sheet showing a few more characters and enemies.
[Image: rapturespritesheetprogr.jpg]

Also, I'm working on a slightly larger enemy and would like some constructive criticism on the sprite. I think it could really do with some changes, so some suggestions would be a great help! Thanks.

[Image: characterenemydesign2.gif]
[Image: rocks.gif?w=64&h=52]

Here's a rock tile I'm working on.
Is it okay to double post if I'm updating my own thread with work, or do I have to edit my last post?
Hope this okayyy...

Oh yeah, criticism is welcomed.
This might be interesting to bring to life. How many levels do you plan on putting in this? So long as you've got the art assets and some music, I can help you out. We could put it on Steam Workshop and even get an android app.

Especially like the Neo-Christian Alegory feel to it. ;D
That's great! I don't know too much about Steam Workshop, but that 3D platformer you made looks awesome so you should have no trouble with a 2D platformer heh heh!

As a Demo, I was planning on releasing about 7 levels, but as a full game I'm thinking around 14 to 20 levels, so it's close enough to a real GameBoy game.

(11-07-2012, 06:26 PM)Mag Wrote: [ -> ]Especially like the Neo-Christian Alegory feel to it. ;D

haha, thanks! I've always been a fan of apocalyptic style stories/ theories and post-apocalyptic movies etc.
I think the idea of the rapture is quite possibly the most fascinating of all.

PM me and we can discuss the game further! Big Grin
This is looking pretty good!

It'd be sweet to help, but I can barely muster the effort for my own projects and I don't have much experience. Plus, you already seem to have a prospective programmer Shy

Making an actual Gameboy ROM might be more trouble than it's worth, but I hope it goes places! Smile
I'm a Flash programmer that's pretty well versed in AS3, so I'd be glad to help. I don't have much experience in game programming myself, I'm currently making my own game but the only reason I haven't finished it yet is because of the graphics being incomplete. I do have a guy helping me but he's real busy, and I can't sprite myself. This would be the perfect opportunity for me to actually make and finish a game, since graphics seems to be pretty much taken care of.

As Phaze said you already seem to have a good programmer for your work, but just so you know I'm open for it if you need any extra help or whatever.
It's just a platformer? That seems extremely easy, no matter the twist.

I'd love to help out, send me a PM or something.
So, Mag, Puggsoy and I are still at the forefront of this project and are all working on it.
I don't have much to report for now. I'm currently working on more backgrounds and tiles for each level and would like a bit of crit.

Here's two different kinds of fences and a bin.
[Image: fence_idea.gif]

There's definitely something not right with any of these, but I can't quite figure out what.
Some feedback would be a great help!
Thanks in advance.

Sorry Coty-crg, I already have enough people working on this project with me at the moment. If anything happens and we end up needing an extra person, I'll let you know. Thanks anyways dude!
I was thinking of presenting the game on a web page where the flash game is displayed inside a GameBoy image.
I've decided to create the GameBoy image from scratch. I threw this one together fairly quickly today, but I might try to get a bit more creative with it.
Also, if anyone has any crit. for the sprites above that would be great!
This game can only get better with your input guys!

[Image: fauxtendoraptureboy.jpg]
Ahaha, that is awesome. Only things that come to mind with the image are the power light indicator and maybe transparency, but I figure you're already aware of these issues!
Ha, that's sweet. Good to see an idea of what the game should look like, too.
(11-13-2012, 11:03 AM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]Ha, that's sweet. Good to see an idea of what the game should look like, too.

Thanks guys!
I made another version which I think I prefer to the last one.
It looks less "photoshoppy" I and little more stylish.
Any thoughts?

[Image: fauxtendoraptureboy2bit.gif]

Also, I would really like some feed back on the image below with the fences and the bin. I feel like these should be neatened up, but I'm not sure how, so some constructive criticism would be a great help!
This game can only become more awesome with your help guys!

[Image: fence_idea.gif]
Honestly, I think that second Gameboy looks worse. It's bit painful to look at compared to the first.
Pages: 1 2 3