The VG Resource

Full Version: Final Fantasy 8 Shiva
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any tools or means of extracting this particular model from Final Fantasy 8, or that is, the GF Shiva? I have Noesis which will do all the conversion I need to use with 3DS Studio Max, so file format shouldn't be an issues. I believe the format which Noesis would import is either .dt, .fs or .img.

Now, before you suggest 3DX Ripper (or any other 3D model capturing software) keep in mind that no one has been able to solve the mystery behind those programs' refusal to load on my Lenovo Y570 laptop, so please don't suggest those program. I'm just curious if anyone knows how to explore the file structure in the FF8 ISO for this GF model.
We have some rips of FF8 models, but it looks like not all of the game was rippable. Check the topic for details.
(11-04-2012, 04:39 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]We have some rips of FF8 models, but it looks like not all of the game was rippable. Check the topic for details.

Yeah, I did see that some models were extracted, but some don't load properly in 3DS Max (missing textures, or too large). I guess I could ask there.