The VG Resource

Full Version: Newbie spriter needing help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to make this ninja warrior battler set to look like my overworld sprite for my RPG that I'm deep into.

[Image: David.png]

[Image: NightmareHero1.jpg]

[Image: NightmareHero2.jpg]

The problem is that I'm not very good at spriting so I don't know where to start. This problem is probably laughable to most of you, so I'm sorry I'm not at your skill level yet. hehe

Any help would be appreciated.
jpg'd, for realism?
tomster785 Wrote:jpg'd, for realism?

Did I already mess up?
Here's the original on the bottom two:
http://kamain.com/battlecharsets.php
The battle, not the OW
im no spriter
but i know you shouldnt use jpg ever
but editing im goodat, i bet i could make smethig out of this
what do you need, and can you post a gif or png sheet?
tredog777 Wrote:im no spriter
but i know you shouldnt use jpg ever
but editing im goodat, i bet i could make smethig out of this
what do you need, and can you post a gif or png sheet?

I think the original sprite isn't jpg. I think I just saved it jpg myself and hosted it.
Dude, I remember you from a long ways back asking for help on Pixeltendo. I swear I at least made one base-sprite of this for you. Wait, wasn't that at least a year ago?
Arthur Wrote:Dude, I remember you from a long ways back asking for help on Pixeltendo. I swear I at least made one base-sprite of this for you. Wait, wasn't that at least a year ago?

Really? My partner might have. Is that topic still around? He must have lost hope. Sad
Yeah, PNG is better quality. That way the lack of transparency isn't a problem.

Well, first, identify styles that best suit your sprite sheet concept. Final Fantasy? Fire Emblem? What suits your fancy?
Next, identify the shading and spriting styles. Also come up with what sort of palette(s) you want your sheet to be.
Then, begin spriting. Start by making individual parts of the character, such as a whole set of different hairstyles, arm/leg lengths, costumes, body builds, etc. Then sort out the ones that most appeal to you, and modify them a little so that they can all fit together. Then copy the parts and flatten them into one picture (Fireworks speech, if you can understand), and that's your sprite.
Using this "base sprite", create your animations. Weapons, actions, poses, etc.

There. My short "custom sprite concept" tutorial.
Sigma Wrote:
Arthur Wrote:Dude, I remember you from a long ways back asking for help on Pixeltendo. I swear I at least made one base-sprite of this for you. Wait, wasn't that at least a year ago?

Really? My partner might have. Is that topic still around? He must have lost hope. Sad

Nope sorrry, it was before they restarted the forum.
Poop! I cannot get a good start.
HEY, he used http://charas-project.net/ to make those!... Blank i dunno why im looking at old posts... lololol
Hey man this is from '08, please don't post without checking the date of the last one first.
Wow holy shit. You'd need to /dig/ for this thread, what the fuck is wrong with you.

Check the postdates next time.