The VG Resource

Full Version: WIP M&L Super Dimentio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
eeeeeehhh
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5069/itshimpl8.png
I already know. "Hey Grey, wouldn't that battle sprite be way to tall?" The answer is yes... yes it is.

But the way I see it, someone could make it a 3 part battle. First the feet, then the torso/hands, then finish off the head.

Mozz edit: sorry its stretching the page, put it in a link.
One word.

Awesome!
Personally, it doesn't matter to me if the sprite is too tall. As long as the sprite is good.

Anyway, I think the purple in the overworld is a bit too much. It looks kinda pillowed compared to the yellow.
The lineart is horribly sketchy.
(09-11-2008, 02:27 PM)Rakia Wrote: [ -> ]The lineart is horribly sketchy.
Where? If you mean on the mouth open animation and the hand slamming one, thats because I rotated them. A lot of M&L sprites are like this.
(09-11-2008, 04:58 PM)Shyguy Grey Wrote: [ -> ]
Where? If you mean on the mouth open animation and the hand slamming one, thats because I rotated them. A lot of M&L sprites are like this.
SGG this is an amazing sprite, the sketchy parts are the shading on the dress, and the shoes and hands themselves, the rest is great!
(09-11-2008, 05:00 PM)CoolYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2008, 04:58 PM)Shyguy Grey Wrote: [ -> ]
SGG this is an amazing sprite, the sketchy parts are the shading on the dress, and the shoes and hands themselves, the rest is great!

"The lineart "
I think he meant the line art. Otherwise he would have said shading.
It's hard not to say anything other than Kickass!
I mean seriously, how long did this take for you to make?
Everything is sketchy except for the '+'.
The AAing isn't done successfully.
The point of it is to make the lines appear smoother, yours makes it look like it's sketchier.
Also the rotations are horribly done since there's no editing to any of it and the stray pixels are still there.
Also doesn't really appear to be ML to me.
You're better off doing this.
1. Remove the AAing in the line art. I believe that will make it look less sketchy, if it doesn't, just a little cleaning up will do.
2. Submit it as a non-ML sheet. Just call it a custom.
(09-11-2008, 05:19 PM)Rakia Wrote: [ -> ]Everything is sketchy except for the '+'.
The point of it is to make the lines appear smoother, yours makes it look like it's sketchier.
Also the rotations are horribly done since there's no editing to any of it and the stray pixels are still there.
1. Remove the AAing in the line art. I believe that will make it look less sketchy, if it doesn't, just a little cleaning up will do.

This is m&l, it fits the style. Also, about the rotations, a lot of mlss enemies have sprite rotation. Awesome sprite, SGG, this is probally your best so far!
How does it fit the style, other then the fact that 'omg it haz the little dots arund teh edgez, must be M&L!'
(09-11-2008, 05:19 PM)Rakia Wrote: [ -> ]Everything is sketchy except for the '+'.
It's and excuse because you don't like M&L. Don't complain, I saw jealousy in that post! His colors and everything are great, rotations are good. He just needs to clean it up more. Stop nagging at him to make it the way YOU want, seriously.
I'm trying to help him.
You extremely distinguished gentlemen need to stop praising people, because now it's worth nothing.
Sure, Nintendo was lazy with their rotations. But let's not forget how many actual sprites they needed to do.
Here, he made a couple of sprites, and then the rest of it is rotations.
Fuck you, coolyoshi. Fuck you.
Grey, please listen to what I say if you want to make this the best sheet you could ever make Wink.
Half the people don't know what they're talking about.

Also I don't hate ML, I just hate the over used and shitty edits.
This is AMAZING Big Grin
Good Luck on It and It may be one of the BEST MLSS sprites I've ever seen Wink

P.S. I also saw this on MFGG, and It had an animation right?
Here is all the C+C I can give,
1. The shoes are a bit sketchy, try to make it smooth, and the light source a little more at the edge.
Also some of the other parts of the lineart look kind of sketchy, fix that.

2. The Overworld dress is pillowed on both sides, and the hat looks jagged at the top, add some shading.

3. Last thing, a little more contrast on the yellow shading.

Overall SGG, this sprite is a Home_Run! Your AA is good, your colors are perfect, the yellow just needs contrast, and im definitely using this for my game! Great Job, im looking forward to seeing this completed! Fix those things, and we will see where you stand!
Pages: 1 2 3