The VG Resource

Full Version: recent sprite projects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi tsr!! long time no see. school's started up and i don't like to plug in my tablet all the time so i do pixel art instead. i havent had time to do much, since i'm applying to savannah college of art and design (i got in!! i just gotta finish my portfolio to get scholarships) thus leaving me with little time to do pixel art, but have some stuff i've worked on anyways

[Image: cytomsmall.gif]
a simple little image for my friend and i's tumblr heheh
[Image: cyfyicon.png]
joint avatars for another friend and i
[Image: cytricacidsprites.png]
cute little sprites of my character cytric acid (i'm trying to animate them but it sucks ass) i like how the head came out though! sorry for the hugeass blank space
[Image: deviljho.png]
deviljho thing idk i need to tweak the pallete it's too dark
It all looks pretty cool! try and make your sprites lighter and with more contrast though, it was really hard to see the detail on it.

You Deviljho character needs some smoothing and detailing. The palette is pretty good, just add highlights to make him look all slimey. Cute
thanks dude! I tweaked the jho's color palette, but i think it could use more contrast. i redid his legs and I started on his front leg. I'm stuck on the shading for it now, it looks too smooth. :/
Unfortunately, the deviljho isn't slimy, but rather scaly! he looks kinda like this. Even though I'm pretty good with anatomy, i'm not good with realism like this and he looks really off, especially his arm. :/

[Image: deviljho-1.png]
The outline on that is REALLY jagged.

You might wanna fix that up a little first
I think he said it's a WIP but I'm not sure...
Indeed, it's a WIP, but i'm not liking it at all. I think i'm gonna put it on the side for now, and go back to the cytric acid sprites.
I quickly animated her idle pose, and I kinda like it, but I think it's too jumpy. I don't know how to fix it though, since i've never tried to animate before. I think I need to add a frame somewhere, but where??? and how do i make it a smooth transition??? ardgjfdkhfdjlkhf.
[Image: cytricacidanimation.gif]
ok this following post has HUGE WRECK IT RALPH SPOILERS so don't open it if you don't want it spoiled ok
(11-16-2012, 08:49 PM)Cytric Acid Wrote: [ -> ]ok this following post has HUGE WRECK IT RALPH SPOILERS so don't open it if you don't want it spoiled ok
I'm just gonna put all my crits in spoiler tags, to be safe.