The VG Resource

Full Version: GameFreak getting lazy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Is it just me or is GameFreak getting lazy... Pokemon Platinum has pretty much the almost EXACT storyline with a tad bit more, upgrades, enhancemences, etc but one thing they got lazy with was recreating ALL of the pokemons sprites. I was just announced by Serebii who I guess already has the game that any pokemon not 4th gen or in the Sinnoh dex did not recieve any new sprites.

Why do they do these kinds of things?
That change it just enough so you feel the urge to play the new stuff. So in reality, Gamefreak is Smart.
they know theyre going to keep making money no matter what they do... so I guess they've decided to just halfass it anyways.
They always release a third version which is just a remix of the original two.
GameFreak needs to stop focusing on Pokemon for awhile and focus on a sequel to Drill Dozer.
(09-11-2008, 12:09 AM)Sonikku Wrote: [ -> ]GameFreak needs to stop focusing on Pokemon for awhile and focus on a sequel to Drill Dozer.
I agree, Pokemon's getting old, and they do have that second series they could whore out...and they could make more...it's not like Nintendo's forcing them to ONLY make Pokemon...Right?
Yeah but Pokemon's where all the big bucks are at. In the grand scheme of things, I would say Pokemon is Nintendo's top selling property behind Mario. But what you seem to not get is that Gamefreak isn't behind every Pokemon game released, only the major releases. They release three every few years or so and then rest for a bit. It's not like Gamefreak's constantly putting a new Pokemon adventure out there. Everyone else is.

And I wouldn't say they're getting lazy at all. Maybe Platinum is just Diamond and Pearl with a coat of paint and some extras, but so was Yellow, Crystal and Emerald. It's the way it's always been so why you're complaining about it now is beyond me. Nobody's forcing you to buy it. It's just what they do.

Gamefreak should develop new games, I agree, they have the capibilities. Drill Dozer is an amazing game. But there's a good reason they stick with Pokemon for the most part. It sells far better than any other product they put out there. Drill Dozer was pretty much a flop, unfortunately. So if releasing three new Pokemon games every few years is lazy then well, I guess Nintendo's also lazy for releasing a new Mario game every couple months then too, eh?
(09-11-2008, 04:40 AM)JoshR691 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, Pokemon is so old, <snip>

Fixed. I used to like Pokemon, but GameFreak never changes the formula of the main games. It's always somebody trying to be a Pokemon Master while saving the world. I wish there could be more games like Colosseum, but with better execution.
Lets be honest here, they have the means to create something new and innovated, but frankly, it's a situation of fixing what's not broke. The formula for Pokemon games are simple, play a bit with the battle system from time to time, make more monsters and make another trio of games every few years. The formula is outstandingly effective for what they originally though would be a flop. Why change? It's made them x billions of dollars so far.
I still quite enjoy Pokemon, but I believe you are all right about one thing. GameFreak should have at least included new sprites, like tehy did in Yellow and Crystal, Emerald, too, if I recall right. They should try to get more stuff, like series and such.

I quite like Teeks' post. :D
(09-11-2008, 04:40 AM)JoshR691 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, Pokemon's getting old, and they do have that second series they could whore out...and they could make more...it's not like Nintendo's forcing them to ONLY make Pokemon...Right?

Agreed, as well. Why make a series if you're not going to put more effort into it?

My intrest in Pokemon has waned a bit, but I like it because it offers a mental challenge in terms of finding out what can be good against what and having to train them. Still, some of the ideas for the newer creatures are just lazy.
(09-11-2008, 10:25 AM)megazee Wrote: [ -> ]I still quite enjoy Pokemon, but I believe you are all right about one thing. GameFreak should have at least included new sprites, like tehy did in Yellow and Crystal, Emerald, too, if I recall right. They should try to get more stuff, like series and such.

I quite like Teeks' post. Big Grin

I'm quite sure that they did put in new sprites for the new game. I'm not sure if it is just for the two legendaries or not but I think they did revamp it.
Pokemon Platinum isn't the first time they "upgraded" their previous games. I haven't played it yet, but if it's anything like the previous updates, there's enough new stuff to make you actually want to play it.
The revamped a lot of sprites, and added new animations. Not all of them, but a lot of them.
I was pretty skeptical about Platinum, until they gave one of my favourite Pokémon 5 alternate forms. Then I liked Platinum a lot more.

Fuck year LawnmowerRotom.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8