The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario Online!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes Super Mario Online, Someone has finnaly made one.

http://www.super-mario.co.nr/

This Online game was made by Neon Daniel not me.

It's a RPG game based off of Paper Mario and M&LSS, It uses a battle system like M&LSS and can have up to 4 people in one battle at a time, but currently the battle system is on beta 2 so its buggy and needs some fixing.

Theres also Mario Kart Racing. Its fun but also limited, heres a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df-dykvoklU

Its ment to look like M&LSS but for right now we're using Pokemon and RPG Maker DX tiles as a place holder, But don't worry all the charicters are M&L styled, There's about 450 maps to explore and growing!

Not much else that I can type about... so yea... Have fun if you decide to join. Oh and if you want pictures of the game, explore the website I posted above to find them.

EDIT: Decided to put up some screen shots of the game.

[Image: screenshot0bc0.th.png]

[Image: screenshot1qf1.th.png]

[Image: screenshot2wg6.th.png]

[Image: screenshot3iy2.th.png]

[Image: screenshot4wm3.th.png]
Do they not provide credit for the people that made the sprites?
no offense but that kart racing looks awful
You know its because fan game makers generally work alone that there aren't any good fan games.

Seriously they should gather good spriters, good programmers, and have them work on one project. Then you might not get crap.
(09-10-2008, 06:37 PM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Do they not provide credit for the people that made the sprites?

Right now I dont think theirs credit givin to anyone besides Nintendo, Sega, etc because of all the noobs who give neon sprites without saying who made them and stuff. But ill get him to credit you guys.

And yes the Mario Kart looks horrible because of the limitations of the game engine. The game engine was never ment to be used for that sort of thing so he had to do some editing to make it work. For it to become better looking, Neon would have to do ALOT of editing to the engine script. You also cant really tell how good it is in the video, the only true way to experince it is in gameplay.
Personally, if you actually want to make a Decent Mario Online game, consider making it a (decent) platformer and not an RPG. You'd have sold me if it was.

Also, if you stole anyones sprite work, please remember to credit them.
(09-13-2008, 01:22 AM)ShadeKirby Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, if you actually want to make a Decent Mario Online game, consider making it a (decent) platformer and not an RPG. You'd have sold me if it was.

Also, if you stole anyones sprite work, please remember to credit them.

I did'nt make this game, Neon did. Read before posting please.

decided to put up some screen shots of the game, check first post.
Oh god. I've played this before. One of the most laggy, boring games ever.
(09-24-2008, 01:50 PM)Colton Wrote: [ -> ]Oh god. I've played this before. One of the most laggy, boring games ever.

When was the last time you played? One year ago? Because if you did alot of things have changed from then. I admit that their is lag at times but its not 24/7 lag, it mostly happens when Neon is updating files or when alot of people are on at once, it's around when 40 or more people are on at once when the server starts to lag, but most of the time theirs only about 20 people on at once.
No, it was about a month ago or something.
I see fail written in this.

And as far as the Mario online game goes, it looks more like a pokemon rpg (sort of, considerring there ar some edits and clash of M&LSS sprites with Pokemon ruby/saphhire sprite) by the looks of those images.

As a suggeustion, I suggeust actually using M&LSS graphics all together.
dio, he actually did mention that the PKMN tiles are only placeholders

it still looks awful though
... only post games you made... and only post games that are still up.
Nice bump, asshole.
Angry