The VG Resource

Full Version: been awhile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello again! this time i'm back with something that is actually worth looking at i think. [Image: unfinishedd.png]
i know i'm still not great but i am improving.
It definitely looks better than your old material, but it's still using the FE style. It'd be quite helpful to improve your strength as a spriter if you branched out more.

Try doing something that isn't a mugshot, using something that's in the style of another game, if you can't think of your own.
i have done a couple of battle sprite's but they were horrible even by my standards except for one and that was no more than a basic splice. but i have started to move away from FE in my other works, but i haven't posted them anywhere yet because they haven't been worth it. i might work on something tonight and put it up tomorrow so it you people can critique it.

Edit:it probably won't have too much custom just so you know before i get jumped on about it.
you should use that knowledge of shading and color choices into something custom.

(custom as in not FE, or based off FE)
That's okay, we won't jump on you for that. Editing (sometimes) also helps you improve a little in some aspects. You do however seem to have the skill for custom at least so that is a good thing for you. Whatever you do make we will critique and tell you how you can fix it and so on.
[Image: firstfullcustomshirt.png] here is my first custom work ever. i used the original design of the shirt for reference but all of it from the chest down other than the outline was done by hand. just need a little bit of help with making the shirt look like it's moving with the person rather than just sitting there hanging on him, any suggestions?