The VG Resource

Full Version: ORA Android and Steam Game!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ora_art_small.png]

[Image: ora_screenshot0_480x300.png] [Image: ora_screenshot1_480x300.png]

Ora is a 3D platformer I've been working on for a while, based off an older platformer I made called Orb, which follows the story of a blur of light as it travels from light to darkness. Please help show your support by rating and subscribing to it!

This is the first iteration of the game, my next step in development is to use custom 3D environments and UV maps and import them. I'm trying to stick with GM's default 3D capabilities for the sake of cross compatibility.

Controls:
Use the arrow keys to move and jump, or alternatively use a Gamepad. The current build of the game supports 2 player co-op, where start teleports you to the other player's position.

Downloads:

- Steam
- Windows (11 MB)
- Android (17 MB)

Features:
- Amazing OST composed just for the game.
- Crazy awesome 3D graphics.
- 2 Player Co-op.
- Cross Platform Support.

Requirements (I'll be reducing these requirements as I work to improve performance, so for now, just be patient):
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Android 2.3 or higher
- 1 GHz or higher
- 512 MB RAM

Also, don't be afraid to hit me up with some suggestions, requests, etc. Cute
Screenshots or even a video would be nice, so people see what they'll get before they download anything! A few words on key features would be neat, too.

Having the game introduce the controls quickly would have been nice (Arrow keys, double jump; is there anything else).

[Image: ZRHqh.png]
I got stuck here, unable to move in any way. Also, I think it'd be better to reset the crates when restarting the level after dying (I had one stuck at the right wall and those other two right there).
(10-16-2012, 08:25 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshots or even a video would be nice, so people see what they'll get before they download anything! A few words on key features would be neat, too.

Having the game introduce the controls quickly would have been nice (Arrow keys, double jump; is there anything else).

[Image: ZRHqh.png]
I got stuck here, unable to move in any way. Also, I think it'd be better to reset the crates when restarting the level after dying (I had one stuck at the right wall and those other two right there).

OK, I'll be patching that and including the tutorial mechanics later on today. Thanks for playing! The Crates do reset after death though... I'm going to mess around and see what I can do about that.

EDIT: Both the Steam version and Windows Versions have been patched for that.
I remember this Surprise

either that, or this is a different game. regardless, looks interesting thus far (albeit a tad empty in terms of environment)
@alexmach1 - Holy crap. You played my game. Heart

I'm remaking it, all in 3D and awesome graphics and stuff. Thanks for reminding me of that, I'll change the description and upload ORA to the Yoyo games workshop too! Big Grin

That's weird, never seen that happen before. Maybe try updating your graphics driver, or if you have an android phone, try it on there. The game was never tested on XP though, so I'll see what I can do.
Revision 10/20/12
- Startscreen changed
- New levels, mechanics, etc.
- Boss Fight now included.
- Performance Enhancements
- Bug Fixes

I'm shooting to get a non-story release by the end of October, with a story-mode mechanic included before December.
Revision 10/31/12

- Way more levels and content!

- New menu system

- New music/music revisions. New sound engine.

- Auto-save system implemented.

- Bug Fixes

- Performance Enhancements

I need your support now more than ever, as this game is entered into a competition on Steam! Vote/Fave/Subscribe to it please! Also add me as a friend! ;D

Vote Here
Upvoted, though I'm unsure if I'll ever actually buy it. My backlog is simply too massive Shy
Oooo. It looks pretty. It'd be neat if you played reflections a bit, and made the light sphere kinda bounce or something when it landed from a high fall. Just some thoughts.
(11-08-2012, 12:59 PM)coty-crg Wrote: [ -> ]Oooo. It looks pretty. It'd be neat if you played reflections a bit, and made the light sphere kinda bounce or something when it landed from a high fall. Just some thoughts.

You hold the Up arrow key in order to reflect off walls. It works anywhere but in water, and doesn't depend on your speed. In fact, you can grow faster if you reflect a lot. ;D

Thanks for playing! Big Grin
Well, here's the latest update to the game now that the competition is over. Didn't win, but I did get honorable mention. (There is no 2nd or 3rd place, only win or lose.) Very Sad

Revision 11/17/12
- New Dynamic Camera System
- Revision to Menu Song
- Bug Fixes
- Option to play 2 Player with ASDW keys or second gamepad. Press O to spawn a 2nd player. (Still in Beta)

I'll be posting some more awesome screenshots later on for those just taking a peek at the game but are too busy to play. ;D
[Image: ora_android_screenshot640x384.png]
(Tested on a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7)

ORA for Android Download

I updated the game for Android, fixing glitches and improving performance. If you have an android device, please try it and tell me how it does on your device. Keep in mind, this game can't run on older android phones.