The VG Resource

Full Version: (UPDATE) I've developed a game of my own! Care to check it out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, I'd like to make you all aware that the only way to use the built in flash player on the site where my game is located, you must log in. Do not worry. I have created a smurf account for everyone to log into!

Username: xtesterx
Password: iHeartgames

I'm sure most of you have seen and/or played the ever so famous "Jetpack Joyride" game for smart phones. Well the game I've made is extremely similar, yet every bit as addicting! Please leave feedback, and since multiple people will be signed into the account, make sure to hashtag your TSR name in any comments if you decide to leave them on the game itself. Anyway, here's the link! Please remember to read the notes on the right hand side, so that you know how to play first. Enjoy (:

------------------
SCREENSHOTS
------------------

[Image: 2qmgge9.jpg]
[Image: 1238npk.jpg]
[Image: 257mwet.jpg]
[Image: 126g0vn.jpg]
[Image: 34ooqx5.jpg]

-------------
STORYLINE
-------------
You're playing as a magical slice of bread with extraordinary butter powers that enable him to stay afloat! He was toasted to a perfect crisp among the heated walls of an evil toaster, and launched into the sky where his never ending nightmare and journey began! Help Toasty dodge obstacles in his path to bring him to freedom!

------------
GAME LINK
------------
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Zparx/2772741
I didn't have to log in to play?

It'd be nice if you could add a few screenshots to your post so people have some visuals before clicking the link!

About the game, it'd be great if it had a title screen and wouldn't throw the player into the actual game right away - nothing huge, just a simple screen with the title, a "Start!" button and maybe a hint that you control with the space bar - for simple flash games, it's always good to put the instructions into the game itself instead of asking the player to read some description somewhere else!
Another thing that would be nice would be automatic pausing when the flash loses focus. It is very, very easy to make in flash, but I don't know what you used to make this.
(10-15-2012, 07:11 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]It is very, very easy to make in flash, but I don't know what you used to make this.

Actually proper pausing in Flash is harder than with a more professional system, because it keeps update and draw strictly separate, meaning that it's awkward to make any animations stop (which can be done by halting an update cycle with other tools, if it's set up correctly). Still, it's not difficult to do.
You can set the stage framerate to zero to stop animations and enterframe events. *shrug*
make a video. that should teh very first step when you're trying to introduce a game to someone.
(10-15-2012, 07:45 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]You can set the stage framerate to zero to stop animations and enterframe events. *shrug*

You can, but that produces other potential issues. Not for this kind of pausing, though.
UPDATE: Added screenshots and storyline!