The VG Resource

Full Version: End of Wii Top Ten List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The Wii has been retired. Wii U is just around the corner. Let us remember this passing system by listing your Top Ten Wii games!

If this topic has been done before, I'm sorry. Ahem, here we go:

#10. Rhythm Heaven Fever
Incredible music game.

#9. Metroid Prime 3
The final chapter to a great saga.

#8. Sonic Colors
Best Sonic game on the Wii.

#7. MadWorld
Bloody good fun!

#6. Super Mario Galaxy
Mario's great adventure.

#5. Kirby's Return to Dreamlad
The game Kirby fans have been waiting for.

#4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
True swordplay in Zelda!

#3. Donkey Kong Country Returns
Best Platformer of 2010!

#2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
Mario's even greater adventure!

#1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The game my friends STILL play with me.
i don't think i've even played or owned ten games on the wii

1. No More Heroes
2. Monster Hunter Tri
3. Metroid Prime Corruption
4. No More Heroes 2
5. Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
6. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Windwaker
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
Mariocart DD
Skies of Arcadia
Animal Crossing
Super Smash Bros Melee
Pikmin
Baten Kaitos
Beyond Good and Evil
Twilight Princess

What?

I've been using my Wii as a gamecube for years
In no particular order:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2
Klonoa
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition

I suppose that's it, really. I have about forty Wii games, but I wouldn't really miss them if they disappeared. These are the ones I'd miss, some of these being my favorite games of all time. But really, I do just use my Wii as a Gamecube.
the fun thing about a top ten games on the wii is that you really doesnt have much to choose from, so a list aint hard to make. the wii barely had 10~15 titles worth anyone's time, with the rest being drown below a huge pile of shovelware.
I literally only own about 10 Wii games lol. But of course I've played more. Dang it I can't divide my list into just 10. Sad

1. Bomberman Land Wii
2 & 2.5. (I'm gonna cheat and merge these entries because with the new controls, these two are too amazing to not list here) Pikmin New Play Control, Pikmin 2 New Play Control
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
4. Kirby's Epic Yarn
5. Super Mario Galaxy
6. Wario Land: Shake It!
7. Mario Super Sluggers
8. Mario Kart Wii
9. Animal Crossing: City Folk
10. Super Paper Mario

That's all for now. These are in no part. order BTW. That'd be even more impossible for me decide.
Games I own:

Mario Strikers Charged Football (since I won it),
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (quite fun, but I hardly had the space I needed for some of the games),
Super Paper Mario (different, but not bad, although a few bits could have been better I think. It has been a while),
Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City (played it a lot, every day, stopped for a while, got back into it, then the console died, save data is not transferable since Nintendo likes to make things stupid; it was a nice game, but I missed a few features from Wild World and the holidays and I never ever had an UFO ever),
Red Steel 2 (I somehow won the preorder box with a Motion+ and got the game later for cheap. It was fun, but also weird and short and of course the controls weren't as precise as promised, but better than expected)

I also played a few other titles (not many, though), Smash Bros. Brawl of course, some Mario Kart and even Party.

Not much to make a top 10 list from, so I won't Tongue
1. Muramasa: The Demon Blade
2. Super Paper Mario
3. Monster Hunter Tri
4. Skyward Sword
5. Twilight Princess (Do I like SS better than TP...?)
6. Kirby's Epic Yarn
My backloggery tells me I have 17 Wii games, but I don't really even like any of the others...
I won't make it to ten cause I haven't played too many of them.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland, NSMB Wii, Mario Galaxy 2 (Leagues better than the first), Mario Kart, Brawl, Um...
I guess I got way more use out of the Wii than anyone else? I dunno, I have quite a list, while everyone else is like "meh". Weird.

Um

No More Heroes 1/2
Resident Evil 4 (Wii Edition is best edition)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 (counting it as one game, they changed so little, sue me)
Zack & Wiki (despite never beating the last level because the difficulty curve is more like a sheer cliff face)
Muramasa (still need to beat that ><)
Super Paper Mario (TTYD is waaay better but I do love Super for a lot of reasons, not the least of which was the villains)
Sin & Punishment 2
and Brawl because it's kinda quintessential and I had way too much fun with hacks.

Honorable mentions include Metroid Prime 3 (controls were best, but the atmosphere and how scripted it felt destroyed what I liked about the first two, guess I kinda missed out when I didn't get Trilogy >: ) MadWorld (fun but way too repetitive to be considered great) and House of the Dead: Overkill (for the incredibly over the top and just plain silly bad writing, and also, along with MadWorld and NMH, you get a very "wait this is a Wii game?" feeling from it)

Still need to play Kirby's Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland, DKC Returns, Sonic Colors, Little King's Story and ToSBig GrinotNW.

Sigh...

EDIT: For how "kiddy" the Wii was, sure are a lot of T and M rated games in that list! Heh.
1. LoZ: Skyward Sword
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
6. LoZ: Twilight Princess
7. Kirby Return to Dream
8. DKC: Returns
9. Kirby's Epic Yarn
10. Metroid Prime Trilogy
Of the ones I owned:

1. KRtDL
2. LoZ: SS
3. MP3C/MPTrilogy
4. NSMBW
5. Wario Land Shake It!
(If I had played more wii games, these next three might have been farther down)
6. Super Paper Mario
7. SSBB
8. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny

Of games I've watched or seen a bit of, but didn't play, but looked decent at least:
Muramasa: Demon Blade
Mario Party 9 (sort of)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (outside of the last few chapters)
Rhythm Heaven Fever (awesome... except it doesn't look like it'd have that much replayability)

Of games I played with friends, but didn't own myself (and therefore didn't complete):
Mario Kart Wii - too slow for me, and typical Mario Kart item problems
Animal Crossing: City Folk - AC is kinda boring, but sort of enjoyable, too, but not something I'd pay for
(10-14-2012, 03:48 PM)Kitsu Wrote: [ -> ]Animal Crossing: City Folk - AC is kinda boring, but sort of enjoyable, too, but not something I'd pay for

everyone says that about real time life games

they aren't boring Sad
Off the top of my head, I can't remember all of the Wii games I have back at home.

1. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
5. Animal Crossing: City Folk
6. Resident Evil 4
7. Mario Kart Wii
8. Donkey Kong Country: Returns
9. Wii Sports
10. Red Steel
(10-14-2012, 09:26 AM)Cobalt Blue Wrote: [ -> ]the fun thing about a top ten games on the wii is that you really doesnt have much to choose from, so a list aint hard to make. the wii barely had 10~15 titles worth anyone's time, with the rest being drown below a huge pile of shovelware.

That is a huge misconception. I hate how there are so many great games on the Wii and no one even knows they exist or even tried playing them.

Here's a list of Wii games people should've played but didn't. Here we go:

Rhythm Heaven Fever
This one is on my list. It tragically never got the attention it deserved. An addicting music game with catchy music, simple gameplay and a lot of challenge. Probably the most creative music game you've never played!

Zack & Wiki
Incredibly fun and point and click game that no one played. Critically acclaimed this game has some really tough puzzles that benefit from the Wii's controls.

Excitebots: Trick Racing
Probably the best racing game on the Wii! This game combines crazy stunts and fast racing and transforming robots seamlessly into one crazy event!

The Conduit 1 and 2
I'm not a fan of most FPS but even I can realize a great one when I see it.

Little King's Story
Real time strategy game that sometimes makes Pikmin series look mediocre! With remixed classical music and tons of funny charming characters, it's a crime no one played this game!

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
On-Rail Shooter of epic proportions! You're heart will pound mercilessly at the gripping action.

Murasama
One of the most beautiful games you will ever see. Unfortunately barely anyone saw it. Including YOU!

People hold on to this idea that the Wii had no games... did they ever bother looking?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6