The VG Resource

Full Version: Pants.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yo whadup

My name is SmashBroPlusB, or Smash for short. (inb4 someone already goes by that.) You might have seen me around before; I used to frequent the Pokemon GTS community and the Super Mario Bros. X forums (before the latter was taken down), and I'm still a very active member of the Cutstuff.net community as well as an avid player of Spiral Knights, Mario Kart, Team Fortress 2, Pokemon, and Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch.

Basically, I've been a user of tSR for a long-ass time. I love the sprite rips you guys do, they're always easy to use and very high quality. I'm also an aspiring sprite artist, though most of the stuff I do focuses on my (small) cast of original characters, or work involving 8-Bit Deathmatch modifications. A charming chap by the name of Korby mentioned the forums a few times over at Cutstuff when another user, xxkirbysonicxx1, wanted to get some advice on his... erm, "sprites". Well, I've given joining these forums some thought several times over, and tonight I finally stopped being a nervous wreck and bit the bullet.

At first I was scared to death when I saw a somewhat massive list of forum rules. Compared to Cutstuff's simple bullet points, tSR had a real handbook of sorts, and from hearing that some sprite communities are real hard-asses about technique / style / Wartortles I was afraid I wouldn't fit in here. Turns out you guys sound really lax, and aside from franken-edits and recolours almost anything's fine. My favorite line from any of the rules was this one, pulled from the Submitting to tSR guidelines: "A character you have invented, such as Suigi, Afro Link or Flonic the Green Echidna." Nearly busted a gut at that one, heh heh.

Well, that's about all I can think of for now. I'm sure there's more to say about me but it's better if you get to know me over time and not get force-fed a bunch of crap about some new guy many of you probably won't even remember past a week. I guess I'm like a store-bought apple pie. Sure, you can heat that sucker up in the microwave and start chowing down nearly immediately, but if you take the time to let it warm in the oven the flavours really get to develop and the pie tastes much better after the wait.

I look forward to having a good time in your community. Cheers!

EDIT: Okay, I've been browsing the forums for all of 30 minutes and I can't hold this back any longer.

Your. Freaking. SMILEYS.

GOD THEY ARE TOO CUTE FOR MY MORTAL BODY TO COMPREHEND HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGFSHFDLSJFSOFJSD

I love you.
Uhm, welcome to the Resource Community, but I am not going to put you into the microwave, that sounds kinda dangerous.
(10-13-2012, 03:20 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm, welcome to the Resource Community, but I am not going to put you into the microwave, that sounds kinda dangerous.

He did mention ovens, we could cook him that way, no radiation?

Seriously though, welcome to tSR, no need to be so formal, but i guess that's what makes you, you.
(10-13-2012, 01:21 AM)SmashBroPlusB Wrote: [ -> ]Your. Freaking. SMILEYS.

GOD THEY ARE TOO CUTE FOR MY MORTAL BODY TO COMPREHEND HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGFSHFDLSJFSOFJSD

SmileWinkCoolBig GrinTongueRolleyesShySadCuteQuestionExclamationSurpriseAngryCrySickBlankNinjaUnimpressedEmbarassedGonna PukeFrosty!ShockedQuestion BlockFace OffCool & Frosty!Genki ^_^NervousSmugNerdUnsureOuch!Shreksual HealingPokemon

But seriously, welcome to TSR! Glad to see you've already read the rules, so enjoy your stay! I like you already, so I think you'll get along fine.
Mighty you forgot one
[Image: 34zyftj.gif]
Silly Zadaben, we don't use such crappy smilies around here!
Howdy Smash, welcome to the Resource! Hope you enjoy it here, sounds like you'll fit in just fine.

What an attention-grabbing title. Welcome to the Resource!
Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the warm welcomes, especially seeing as how I've been here officially for less than 12 hours.

I guess that means I'm... means I'm... uhhhhh...

(10-13-2012, 08:33 AM)Mighty Jazzers Wrote: [ -> ]SmileWinkCoolBig GrinTongueRolleyesShySadCuteQuestionExclamationSurpriseAngryCrySickBlankNinjaUnimpressedEmbarassedGonna PukeFrosty!ShockedQuestion BlockFace OffCool & Frosty!Genki ^_^NervousSmugNerdUnsureOuch!Shreksual HealingPokemon
gahfalfhasljlsafafahslfafh

... Huh? What am I doing on the floor?

Oh great, I foamed at the mouth and passed out. Gee, thanks guy. Blank
(10-13-2012, 11:58 AM)SmashBroPlusB Wrote: [ -> ]Gee, thanks guy. Blank

I'm actually a girl. Cute
But yeah we have our own smilies, made by an old member here!
shhh, mighty

he was referring to Guy
Cool Quite a fun introduction SmashBroPlusB . You sound like a fun guy/girl/it/whatever. Lol. Anyways welcome aboard! I think I'll like talking to you. These forums could use a healthy dose of "positivity". I think you'll be just the guy for the job. Oh and I like chocolate cake, but apple pie is fine too.Tongue
Tip of the day: You don't need to italicize members' names every single time.