The VG Resource

Full Version: Xenosaga II Sound Effects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!
I've been a big fan of these pages for a while now, as i'm an aspiring game designer, and make a lot of fun little projects. And of course one of the hardest things to get are sound effects. It's just too hard and complex to do without professionals and LOTS of money. so, I turn to ripped FX of my favorite video games! Tongue
I noticed that Xenosaga I was already ripped, which was very useful. However, no one, and I mean no one, has anything out of Xenosaga II and III. So, I began to rip them myself, which is a project that needs patience more than anything.
So yeah, my project is to completely rip Xenosaga II and III. I have successfully ripped everything i could out of Xenosaga II, hence this post, and am working diligently on Xenosaga III.
Now there are a few notes I have:
-This is my first share, so hopefully I did everything right lol. My .zips all were under 30 MB on my computer, so hopefully it didn't get screwy transferring it to mediafire(first time i used that too lol)
-All of the allies' battle effects and battle voices are combined because a lot of the battle effects melded the sounds with the voices. But there's plenty of just the voices
-I didn't include Enemy voices and voice-FX combos, because they're a pain to deal with and are very unorganized. I have Albedo's though. If people demand enough however, i will proudly post it
-I have all the cutscene audio from the first disc (and maybe even the second one as well, some SFX were in the first that's only on the second one), however no matter how much i tried i couldn't compress it down to 30 MB. I would need a super huge damn compressor to get it down to that size.
Anyways, sorry for talking so much! Here's the link to the file Smile (again, hope i did this correctly lol).
I'm glad that I can help out other people, as i'm sure I made a bunch of people happy for this. I just couldn't keep the spoils to myself. Hope you all enjoy it!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?jcjnc3c4lq58h
Hey, welcome to the site! It's always great to see new submitters. I'd first like to address that if an archive is really that big and you can't compress it down, then you will need to split it into two files, unfortunately.

Now then, let's see about your submissions here.

Well, I just peeked inside all of them and everything is pretty much perfect as far as I can tell. But if you're going to have a credit tag file, it should be included inside all of your archives instead of on its own in your MediaFire folder.

If you don't feel that's worth updating all your files then you don't have to, I'm just telling you. Tongue

And finally, all of these are character voices except for Clicks and Basic Battle, Chain Attack I, II and III, and Ether I and II (all of which I assume to go under Misc.?), correct? I've never played the game, so I need to know how to categorize these.

Otherwise everything seems to be in order! Genki ^_^
corrects, all the voices are all separated by character Smile. Ether is literally the game's Magic, so idk if you want to put that separately.
but the clicks and chain attacks are easily put under miscellaneous.
And oh lol, crediting doesn't really matter much to me anyway. So yeah it doesn't need to be changed. but i'll remember that for next time!
Thank you so much! Glad I did it correctly haha.
Okay one last question then: is Ether the only magic sounds in the game? If so then I will just put it under miscellaneous.
yes, correct. Ether is the only magic sounds in the game.
Okie doke they are accepted. Big Grin
Awesome!!! Big Grin Glad i could contribute and hope to contribute more.
We hope you do too. Genki ^_^
(10-08-2012, 11:52 PM)MTXripper Wrote: [ -> ]-I didn't include Enemy voices and voice-FX combos, because they're a pain to deal with and are very unorganized. I have Albedo's though. If people demand enough however, i will proudly post it

I want the FX combos Wink I'll be waiting for Episode III voices as well Cute
Oh, do you have the SFX of hitting/damaged; e.g. "thud", "crash" and so on?? I want them too ^^
Thread's a year old and requests are not permitted unless you meet the requirements (plus OP hasn't been online since '12 anyway).

Please read the rules. Locking thread.