The VG Resource

Full Version: Princess Fantasy Catventure [game, finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

It's finally finished!

Princess Fantasy Catventure is a cheerful shoot-em-up where you play as Princess Princess, the princess of Yum Yum Kingdom.
Princess' castle was raided! As Princess was hurrying to check what was going on, she sees her brother being kidnapped by shadow creatures. Before she could give chase they were gone.
She now travels Fantasy World hoping to learn more about the shadow creatures, where they are, so she can rescue her brother! What she doesn't know is that Yum Yum Kingdom isn't the only land that suffered the attack...

Controls are in the Read Me file. What's cool is that it supports a controller! What's not so cool is that when the controller is plugged in, the keyboard controls are f'd up. If you want to play with a keyboard, make sure the controller is unplugged when booting the game.

Enjoy!
I think the "new game" button should be above the "continue" button.
I did that on purpose, because starting a New Game automatically creates a save (auto-save) and overwrites the old savedata. It's to prevent people accidentally deleting their savefiles.
I found a misspelling in Chapter 6, I think. Rather is spelled rahter, or something to that effect.

Otherwise FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf this game is so fun.
ohmygodwhy! Why do small errors like these show up too late o__o
Either I am dumb as a door or this game doesn't function properly, as moving is really handicapped in this game. My jumps aren't tall enough to avoid the rolling enemies and pressing the down button makes the character flick from standing to crouching instead of acting as it should.

Also moving sideways is severely limited, it reads the input only after 2 seconds, which is really aggravating. In fact I couldn't even beat the first level.
My computer is crappy as hell, and I didn't have any of those issues gors said, actually the jumps seemed too high for me.
(10-08-2012, 09:04 PM)Crappy Green Gors Wrote: [ -> ]Either I am dumb as a door

Quote:[7:27:00 PM] Gors: dors

I'm sorry.
Small nitpick: "apoligies" should be "apologies".

I'll give the game itself a try tomorrow. Looks good!
(10-08-2012, 09:04 PM)Crappy Green Gors Wrote: [ -> ]Either I am dumb as a door or this game doesn't function properly, as moving is really handicapped in this game. My jumps aren't tall enough to avoid the rolling enemies and pressing the down button makes the character flick from standing to crouching instead of acting as it should.

Also moving sideways is severely limited, it reads the input only after 2 seconds, which is really aggravating. In fact I couldn't even beat the first level.

Chances are you have a controller plugged in.
Either play with a controller or unplug it before you boot the game and you should be fine. It's in the warning.

I had to code to add controller support. Code, damnit! But this problem couldn't be fixed unless I removed the controller support altogether. I thought adding an 'If controller_exists(1)=true" was a decent enough middleground.
that's funny because

I have no controllers plugged (in fact I don't even have controllers!!)

otherwise I'd have stated it Sick
That's... troublesome.
Somehow your PC must think a player 1 controller is plugged in. There's no other explaination for that, because the issues you stated are caused by a P1 controller being detected.
don't worry, I'll see if I can get a controller soon. Then I'll test it properly.
Finished everything I think. So much fun, and I love the characters. I'm sad it's over Very Sad (even though I've just been replaying it anyway)
I have tinkered with my comp's drivers and deleted all the ones related to past controllers I had. Somehow this fixed the problem.

I've played through a good part of the game. It's very solid and well made, but there are things that could be better:
Pages: 1 2