The VG Resource

Full Version: [Tales of Phantasia] Cless Alvein Sheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT:
TSR Portrait...
[Image: tsrportrait.png]
[Image: tsrportrait.png]

I'm new here, but I get sprites from here all the time. Also, this is my first time ripping.
I might be missing a sprite or two that are only available during certain battles or when fighting certain enemies, but otherwise this is practically a complete sheet.
Every single Cless sprite with effects, Cless sprite without effects, effects without Cless sprites, some extra sprites and a bird.

http://imageshack.us/a/img189/8918/clesst.png

This needed to be ripped badly. I was just amazed that he hadn't been after all this time. By the way, this took me 7-10 hours a day for 3 days. I'm never ripping again.
The reason why he was never ripped is because Cless is made of separate parts. His shield and his sword are changing depending on which equipment you use. Normally you would use vSNES to tear them apart. Import a zsnes quicksave into vSNES, then go to the mowgli symbol in the upper taskbar which is the scene viewer and go to sprites, here you can delete sprites which cover other sprites and vice versa. Maybe there are some other tools, but this is the one I use.

I would name the sheet Cless Alvein with X & Y
X = name of the sword
Y = name of the shield

But anyway, good one. The only thing you could do is adding the parts for the Magma Rift SFX (smoke and fireslash), since they're two different sets of sprites.
VSNES however is incredibly tedious for that amount of sprites unless it has an option to view other sprites except just the ones on-screen at the time of the save.
Thanks for the help, Davy. If it's not too bad, I'll try out vSNES. If it's easier, I might just rip Cless with multiple shields and swords.
@Noctis:
Yes, this is right. Only one sprite. I would just leave it like that and add the parts for the Magma Rift.
The smoke and lava of Magma Rift seem to all be one sprite. The same with the shield and Cless. There's nothing behind the shield so I can't separate it.

I was able to fix the sprites that I had to edit thanks to vSNES. The ONLY edit in this sheet now are the beginning effects for Magma Rift. I also fixed some other parts. Sheet's done. I'll mess with the magma rift some more just to be safe, but yeah.
Okay, then they're using pieces which already combine shield/body. I just know the separation from the PSX version.

But that the smoke and the magma rift itself are ONE sprite is really unusual. Seems like they were so short on memory that they combined the pieces.
So is the Cless sheet with the Long Sword and Wooden Shield (?) ready to upload?
As far as I know, yes.
Okie it's up now.