The VG Resource

Full Version: Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy Voice Effects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there world, this is my first attempt at ripping sounds. I have the evil harlequin Kefka Palazzo and the god of discord Chaos' battle quotes from the PSP game Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy. I hope that we can get this submitted here, and I also hope that I can get more Dissidia 012 rips in the future. You don't see many Dissidia rips anywhere on the entirety of the internet, really.

Chaos Rip
http://www.mediafire.com/?fomroe1nc7fe1fn

Kefka Rip
http://www.mediafire.com/?e7fzo77orxvd75u
I've uploaded Chaos, but RTB already ripped Kefka: http://www.sounds-resource.com/other_sys...index.html
It's in two parts but I'm pretty sure he got everything.
(10-17-2012, 10:28 AM)Mighty Jetaku Wrote: [ -> ]I've uploaded Chaos, but RTB already ripped Kefka: http://www.sounds-resource.com/other_sys...index.html
It's in two parts but I'm pretty sure he got everything.
Everything and the kitchen sink. Also the sounds from both Dissidia and Dissidia 012, since the sounds are shared between the two games. Well, except for the story sounds since there's literally thousands of those to sort through.

What's the method that you use for ripping the battle voices, anyway? Just wanna see if it's any better than the way I've ripped 'em.
(10-17-2012, 07:48 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]What's the method that you use for ripping the battle voices, anyway? Just wanna see if it's any better than the way I've ripped 'em.
Aha, probably not. I did it the old fashioned way with my old retarded ideas. Are you ready for the stupidness? Brace yourself...

I have a Male/Male audio cable - one end is like the end you plug into an iPod for headphones, and so is the other one. I plugged one end into my PSP and the other into my computer. Then I went into the Jukebox menu and into the character voices. I forget how, but I somehow got Sound Recorder from Windows XP to be able to record the sound of what is playing in the actual computer. After this I slowly clicked through the voices and recorded them all. I saved them all as one file, then separated them using Audacity.

Extracting? Bah. Recording is more my style.
(10-21-2012, 05:18 PM)Unknowni123 Wrote: [ -> ]Aha, probably not. I did it the old fashioned way with my old retarded ideas. Are you ready for the stupidness? Brace yourself...

I have a Male/Male audio cable - one end is like the end you plug into an iPod for headphones, and so is the other one. I plugged one end into my PSP and the other into my computer. Then I went into the Jukebox menu and into the character voices. I forget how, but I somehow got Sound Recorder from Windows XP to be able to record the sound of what is playing in the actual computer. After this I slowly clicked through the voices and recorded them all. I saved them all as one file, then separated them using Audacity.

Extracting? Bah. Recording is more my style.
Oh? That's the same way I had gotten the battle sounds, too. The character-specific quotes were all AT3s that I was able to extract and convert to WAV, but for some reason the in-game sounds were a different, lossier format.

So, yeah. Small world, isn't it?
(10-21-2012, 05:26 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Oh? That's the same way I had gotten the battle sounds, too.
OH! Well then. It is a small world after all.

Also, what did you use to record it? Sound Recorder? I seem to have "lost" it and all of its recording functions because I upgraded to Windows 7.
(10-21-2012, 05:58 PM)Unknowni123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2012, 05:26 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Oh? That's the same way I had gotten the battle sounds, too.
OH! Well then. It is a small world after all.

Also, what did you use to record it? Sound Recorder? I seem to have "lost" it and all of its recording functions because I upgraded to Windows 7.
I personally use Adobe Audacity as my line-in, and recorded it through the "microphone", which I plugged the PSP into.
(10-21-2012, 06:38 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Recorded it through the "microphone", which I plugged the PSP into.

WELL HERPITY DERPTITY DOO, AH GUESS AH SUCK AT LIFE.

Thanks for the minor help. Smile