The VG Resource

Full Version: Texturing Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found a Captain Marvel model on the internet recently, that I believe is from Mortal Kombat vs. DC, but I'm not quite sure. I'm hoping to import him into Super Smash Bros Brawl, but his cape texture is really messed up. I tried to fix it myself, but it isn't working. I was wondering if someone could remap the cape texture and reupload it. (I am just learning how to 3d model and have no clue how to texture map. :/) The chest area also has a few small glitches, but I know how to fix those. Smile

Thank you in advance! Big Grin

The model's here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bbfmeky4tj2zdj7
So are you asking someone to do it for you, or asking how to do it? If it's the former I'll have to move it to the Requests board, and if it's the former I'll keep it here (I'm sure there's a way to do it so good luck!).
(10-05-2012, 01:34 PM)Mighty Jazzers Wrote: [ -> ]So are you asking someone to do it for you, or asking how to do it? If it's the former I'll have to move it to the Requests board, and if it's the former I'll keep it here (I'm sure there's a way to do it so good luck!).

It's a request. Sorry about that! Tongue
Very well, moving. Tongue

Also I just noticed I wrote "former" twice, welp!!
I shall try, it seems like an easy enough task Tongue

will edit this post with results

EDIT: turns out the cape UVs are correct, however the cape has seperate textures, and thus must use a different material or be a separate mesh Tongue

also, I took the liberty of separating the ambient occlusion maps from the normals and converting them to red-green-blue format.
(10-05-2012, 05:25 PM)alexmach1 Wrote: [ -> ]I shall try, it seems like an easy enough task Tongue

EDIT: turns out the cape UVs are correct, however the cape has seperate textures, and thus must use a different material or be a separate mesh Tongue

also, I took the liberty of separating the ambient occlusion maps from the normals and converting them to red-green-blue format.

Thank you very much! Big Grin

So, would I have to separate the mesh part of the cape?
(10-06-2012, 05:23 PM)namine207 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2012, 05:25 PM)alexmach1 Wrote: [ -> ]I shall try, it seems like an easy enough task Tongue

Thank you very much! Big Grin

So, would I have to separate the mesh part of the cape?

yup, then apply the cape material to the mesh.