The VG Resource

Full Version: Map question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I have this map here and I would like to borrow your artistic eyes for a sec Smile to tell me how is this map created? Is it a hand drawn map, or is it composed of tiles. I think it's made out of tiles because of those tiny ruptures all around the map.

Could you recognise the tiles?

Thank you for any help.
Map: http://tinypic.com/r/vpbus6/6
Cheers, James
That's a tile-based map (scaled down and thus blurry - I don't think I know where it's from) Big Grin
(10-02-2012, 10:25 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]That's a tile-based map (scaled down and thus blurry - I don't think I know where it's from) Big Grin

Yes, I knew it. The site just converted my PNG to the JPEG format, hence the bluriness. Im trying to recreate the map using C++. I was wondering if its possible to get the tiles from this map and how would one achieve such a venture?
If you have the map with proper quality, you can cut the individual tiles out. They're aligned with a grid - most likely 8x8 or 16x16 pixels. You'd then have to remove duplicates by comparing them. The easiest would probably be making a little program that does the work.

It may be easier if anyone would recognize the game and a tileset was available, but I can't help with that.
That's a huge level. Shocked
I haven't really seen it before but maybe it's a Castlevania or Metroid game? I dunno.
(10-02-2012, 11:53 AM)Mighty Jazzers Wrote: [ -> ]That's a huge level. Shocked
I haven't really seen it before but maybe it's a Castlevania or Metroid game? I dunno.

AFAIK those tiles aren't in a Metroid game.