The VG Resource

Full Version: Astro Boy Tap Tap Rush sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
It's possible to rip sprites from Astro Boy Tap Tap Rush?
If somebody manage to rip, then share with us.
If it were free I might have tried to give it a shot, even though I don't have an iPhone/Pod/Pad (I think apps are downloadable to PC, right?). Maybe someone else will try. However from what I know, iOS games aren't the easiest thing to rip, and different games do it differently.

In any case good luck with getting them.
Do you only want Astro Boy himself, or enemies, misc., etc.?
Here is one sheet. Someone else will have to do the rest as I have something I need to work on today. Some files were already .PNGs so I ran them all through PNG Fix. Here they are if anyone wants to make sheets out of them. Most of the files though are in .DAT, .SPR, .TLK, etc. formats so I can't get those. :/ Try Googling .dat/.spr/.tlk file format and if that doesn't bring anything try adding the game's name to beginning of that and search again.
[Image: ik38eSTp3T3aw.png] [Image: ic0FqfCJEBqQw.png]

I might also do the UI tomorrow if nobody else does.
Those are awesome puggsoy. Big Grin
BTW, as a note, mobile phone games are in fact, in most cases, the easiest platform to rip from. All you do is Google "[name of game] download" and you should find a place to download the .IPA or .JAR (this game can be downloaded for free at Panda Apps.com). Then, you simply open it in WinRAR (I dunno if WinZIP or 7-ZIP works or not), go through a couple folders and you should see all of the game's files, like graphics, sound effects etc., ready to extract. Then once you arrange them onto sheets you're done, a whole game ripped. Smile
Oh, OK. It's just because I was reading a bit about ripping from iOS games and said that while some use simple PNGs, sometimes they use weird formats, so I figured it'd be similar to PC games. I didn't look into it deeply though.

By the way, wouldn't I have to own the game before I can (legally) download the IPA/JAR at Panda App? Or is it different if I'm only ripping sprites?
Well, it's more or less like any ROM in that regard. If Panda Apps doesn't work then try to Google the game instead.
Yes some of them do use weird formats, like all platforms, but many of them don't. The reason why they're the easiest is because you only have to open up the game and extract what's inside.
Otherwise, you're okay downloading them, especially if you're just ripping stuff from it.
There are however mobile phone emulators out there somewhere if you want to play the game to get to know about it before you submit stuff.
Awesome, I'm looking forward to see the sprites of Atom, Atlas, Pluto and Uran (if she have any sprites, rather than just cutscenes).
Well that's just it, all those graphics are in the forementioned .DAT, .SPR and maybe .MAP formats. None of which I know how to extract or convert (the .TLK files however appear to be text files).
(10-02-2012, 10:43 AM)Mighty Jazzers Wrote: [ -> ]Well that's just it, all those graphics are in the forementioned .DAT, .SPR and maybe .MAP formats. None of which I know how to extract or convert (the .TLK files however appear to be text files).

I suppose that somebody may find a way somehow.
I saw videos of it and look more interesting than the crappy upcoming Rockman X-Over.
If somebody get it working in a IOS emulator, then animget could be used to rip basic sprites. Though, the effects could be in the way.