The VG Resource

Full Version: Old sprite sheet prob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fist of all, hello everybody, my name is James and Im new here.

So. I have something I belive to be a sprite sheet from an old PC game in TGA format. It seems to be an sprite sheet, but its heavily distorted. I was wondering if the sheet could be repaired somehow. The snip from the sheet is [Image: sn94qayk7] or here http://postimage.org/image/sn94qayk7/

I thank you for any kind of information.

Cheers, James.
Unless I'm missing something I'd reckon that the image got corrupted hard and likely won't be recoverable under normal circumstances.

I hope I'm wrong, though!
Wow, that looks seriously messed up Tongue

I would guess that as Phaze said it just got corrupted. I do see where your suspicion came from though, it's not easy to explain but it looks like the pixels may be in order, just not in the correct number of columns. It's possible that someone may have experience with something similar and knows of a way to salvage it.

I hope there is a way, in any case good luck Smile
Hate to be that one person but if that was in fact a sprite sheet, it wouldn't be usable even if you did manage to fix it because it's pretty blurry.
I'm curious as to what it could be though so I hope you can fix it. I've never seen anything like that before.
Yeah, that's what I thought. It really is pretty blurry. The funny thing is that I can't remember from what game I got it from :Đ. I think it's from the time I've played around with Ripper 5.00 and some weird game archives exts but I honestly can' tell. Oh well. If eventualy do find out what the heck this is, I'll post here.

I thank you for your troubles guys.

Cheers, James.