The VG Resource

Full Version: Question about 3DS MAX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, apparently ColladaMAX won't import textures properly on 3DS MAX 2009 64 BIT. It displays the textures in the viewport, but in the material editor it doesn't show anything. Sad Is this a common bug for ColladaMAX?
3ds max does not import .DAE materials into the material editor, to my knowledge. while the materials exist, they will only show up in the material editor if you select a material slot, click the button shown in the image, and then click the model with said material. this will copy the material from the model into the editor Smile

[Image: lFW7r.png]
Ah, okay! Thanks a bundle!! Smile
3ds max 2011 (and 2010 I think) includes a feature to select a material from the scene. I dont think this exists in 2009 though.
Although the reason he's using 2009 is because RTB said it's better for exporting and other stuff or whatever.
(09-29-2012, 05:53 PM)Mighty Jazzers Wrote: [ -> ]Although the reason he's using 2009 is because RTB said it's better for exporting and other stuff or whatever.
It's better because ColladaMax works on it. Without that 2011 is better.