The VG Resource

Full Version: Bowser has only one son?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just going to come out and say that Iggy Koopa is the best Koopaling purely because of his amazing redesign.
Yah... Uhhh... Nintendo has a habit of saying things like that, and then changing the story of it later on.
Bowser had a girlfriend in highschool, who is the mother of the Koopalings, and was mistaken for the father. Later on Nintendo did some DNA tests and discovered that he wasn't. Soon after he got married and had a son, however strong bonds remain between Bowser and the Koopalings, as they have experienced the same butt-kicking from Mario as he had.
This was already posted in another thread I think. Also manuals are always full of terribad misinformation. The most recent example I'm aware of is the Megaman Zero 1 manual, which had a title and description somewhere along the lines of "Ciel's Allies: They reside with Ciel in the rebel base" or something like that. The image it was cropped around was images of the game's bosses, all of who are highly genocidal and at no point are Ciel's friends nor reside in the base.
Bowser, you are not the father!
Does the JP manual even say they're his children?
His children must be adopted then... Wait don't tell them that or there'll be some sort of rebellion...
(09-23-2012, 05:23 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote: [ -> ]Just going to come out and say that Iggy Koopa is the best Koopaling purely because of his amazing redesign.

My favorite is Ludwig.
(09-16-2012, 07:19 PM)Kitsu Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2012, 05:27 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: [ -> ]Miyamoto kicked me in the childhood this morning.

They're all adopted.

Bowser actually runs a charitable koopa orphanage

big boss style
An argument could be made that most games Pre-N64 are non-canon in current Nintendo continuity unless otherwise stated (like Star Fox and Star Fox 64's whole deal.)
To be honest, I always assumed that the Koopalings were adopted. (Too bad Bowser's only real son is a little turd.)
I mean, look at Morton.

Also, that image saying "these are Bowser's kids!" doesn't necessarily prove that they used to be his biological children. If you had adopted children, would you really want other people calling him/her someone else's child?

Regardless of whether they're adopted, Bowser has shown genuine regard for them in recent games, so it's not like they're detached as a family or anything.
It's not like any of them had a personality. Atleast Bowser Jr. being his one true son makes sense as to why he's so close to him and has shown real affection towards.
I dunno Koopaul, their animations and poses were pretty original in Super Mario World, and not to mention these days they've certainly got more personality.
He may be Bowser's real son (who's the mom?) but Bowser Jr. is just an annoying character to me. It also seems that he required no imagination or creativity past his weapon of choice.
"GUYS REMEMBER BABY BOWSER???"
well too bad this isn't him
discussing about the canon in a franchise that lacks any kind of plot,story, continuity or relationship whatsoever.

please.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5