The VG Resource

Full Version: Oh right, that M&L guy... Yeah...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm by no means new; I joined here in 2008, not long after tSR forums' creation, however in those years I've been rather quiet. Some members and staff know me here, and chances are if my name has been thrown around it's typically with the mention of M&L sprites.

Ultimately, I'm not sure whether or not an 'introduction' like this is necessary, but I thought it would be fitting to make this thread to say hey, and that I'd really like to get to know you all better. While I don't typically post on forums at all these days, tSR stands out as a community of awesome people that I'd like to actually be a part of, rather than just registered.

For those of you who might not be familiar with me, I've been around since the PT days (I knew most names back then, but many new faces have shown up since whom I haven't really spoken to).
Most of my past pixel work is Mario/M&L related, as those who know me will tell you, however I can and have pixeled in other styles (shocker!)... just not a lot to show for it at the moment, working on that!
As for gaming, I'm sort of a Nintendofag (is that normal?) and I'm also big on Rayman, SEGA/Sonic, old Rare, you get the gist.
Recentty I've been working on texturing and sculpting custom models in 3DS Max (sort of a beginner - mostly for Brawl mods, some for fun) which I may show off some here eventually.
I'm always on Skype (MSN when I remember to sign in, but I prefer voice chat) and I typically hang around with one or two specific groups of people - including Pik, Cuckoos, McMaxxis, CeeY, Sean/Starpower, and Ninspriter, among others.

That's about it, I suppose! Thanks for reading that long-as-shit post (they're not all like that, don't worry...) and we'll see more of each other if things go well.
I've heard of you a bit, most recently when we were talking about sprite duels Mighty Jetters linked to a sprite duel between you and Star. In any case you seem like a really cool guy so welcome back!

(09-23-2012, 04:02 AM)Ridge Troopa Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for reading that long-as-shit post

I'm actually glad to be able to read a long introduction that's both informative and has proper punctuation Tongue
Well in that case, happy late welcome to the Resource Community! Genki ^_^

BE SURE TO READ THE RULES and enjoy your stay Tongue Tongue Tongue
Heyo! I've seen you around

and in the TFR thread
Welcome (Tongue)!
I really hope to see you post more, you are an invaluable member. ;-;
Your TFR character is coming along beautifully too.
Post Mo',
What happened to "The Fastest Koopa Alive"? Tongue
(09-23-2012, 04:24 AM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard of you a bit, most recently when we were talking about sprite duels Mighty Jetters linked to a sprite duel between you and Star.

Yeah, that duel was fantastic when updated. Star and I just got into other things and decided to call it quits. I've always wished we could finish it out sometime.

(09-23-2012, 04:55 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]BE SURE TO READ THE RULES and enjoy your stay Tongue Tongue Tongue

Funny you should mention, ironic or not - I read them thoroughly before posting this thread.

(09-23-2012, 09:24 AM)Angel Plague Wrote: [ -> ]Post Mo',
What happened to "The Fastest Koopa Alive"? Tongue

Didn't that used to be my user title at one time? (Maybe that joke went right over my head...)

(09-23-2012, 09:15 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Your TFR character is coming along beautifully too.

Hey, thanks! That thread doesn't get a lot of responses sometimes, so it's good to hear for sure.
(09-23-2012, 01:06 PM)Ridge Troopa Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, thanks! That thread doesn't get a lot of responses sometimes, so it's good to hear for sure.

Yeah it's mainly because people are getting demotivated due to [robo9]'s lack of showing progress on the game's engine.
I can definitely say without a doubt your character has some of the nicest animation so far IMO and I think he'll be a fun one to use.
(09-23-2012, 01:06 PM)Ridge Troopa Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2012, 04:55 AM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]BE SURE TO READ THE RULES and enjoy your stay Tongue Tongue Tongue

Funny you should mention, ironic or not - I read them thoroughly before posting this thread.

I know, I know, I was stalking you.

(No I wasn't)

(Or was I?)
How did this manage to go right over my head. I must've had the rules page up for an hour last night (this morning?) while playing Pikmin 2. afghsgfj

(09-23-2012, 01:11 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2012, 01:06 PM)Ridge Troopa Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, thanks! That thread doesn't get a lot of responses sometimes, so it's good to hear for sure.

Yeah it's mainly because people are getting demotivated due to [robo9]'s lack of showing progress on the game's engine.
I can definitely say without a doubt your character has some of the nicest animation so far IMO and I think he'll be a fun one to use.

Yeah, that's true. Whether or not others are getting demotivated though, I need something to sprite that's away from my usual, and TFR is a good outlet for that.