The VG Resource

Full Version: Regarding sprites, and spriting them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It looks like I've stumbled upon somewhere where I'm not good friends with 3/4 of the louder userbase, so conversely I'm going to have to do some actual introducing.

My name's cuckoos. I'm 17 years old and I'm quasi-decent at drawing things, whether it be on a computer or with a drawing stick. I've been a fan of video games for as long as I can remember, and similarly I've always been fascinated towards making art for a video game myself. My favorite game franchise of all time is very likely Pokemon, and my favorite standalone game would probably be TWEWY because I'm a sucker for edgy animu even when it tends to take the piss out of me as a cliche. I'm planning on studying to become an Animal Biologist, but I do like thinking that graphic design is a viable fallback and hobby for me so I'm content practicing in those fields for now.

If you need any existing contacts I have on this site, I can just barely list Ridge Troopa and Pik as candidates but even that's difficult because Ridge smells and Pik is Greek.
Welcome to the forums! Read the rules, don't take things too personally, and have a great time here!
And I thought I was more or less detached from the community recently because I haven't posted much, but apparently it's because I smell. fuck you mate.

Now, enough crap about myself. It's neat to see you join here. Especially looking forward to seeing some pixelart from you, the stuff you've done in the past is promising.
This is sort of offhand, but I want to ask since I hadn't heard prior: What made you consider becoming an Animal Biologist?
(09-22-2012, 11:57 PM)Ridge Troopa Wrote: [ -> ]This is sort of offhand, but I want to ask since I hadn't heard prior: What made you consider becoming an Animal Biologist?

I really love animals. I remember assessing the pros and cons of becoming a psychologist the other week and I figured that going to Uni for like 7 years to get into family psychology was much too trying, and while the pay is certainly good I wouldn't want to risk getting into it and ending up hating it later on. Wildlife Biology as a serious career option only dawned on me early this year when I signed up for a 12U Biology course and I subsequently ended up loving it. It was really no surprise how I felt, and figuring out that I wanted to work with animals for the rest of my life was really my eureka moment.

Sprites too.
That's a good bird. I am also excited to see your new pixel art, and this place is a great source of motivation. Some insight to your pursuit for zoology is nice, as well, since I see it reflected in a lot of the art I've seen you do.
(09-23-2012, 12:16 AM)cuckoos Wrote: [ -> ]Wildlife Biology as a serious career option only dawned on me early this year when I signed up for a 12U Biology course and I subsequently ended up loving it. It was really no surprise how I felt, and figuring out that I wanted to work with animals for the rest of my life was really my eureka moment.

Ah, gotcha. Granted that you don't change your mind, you're fortunate to have made that realization before graduating high school. I know I wish I'd had a better idea of what I wanted to do, but y'know how it is with me... i like sprits and gamez. and internet 2

(09-23-2012, 12:16 AM)cuckoos Wrote: [ -> ]Sprites too.

maeking art wat kind of career is taht!!! just kill urself.
(09-23-2012, 12:29 AM)Ridge Troopa Wrote: [ -> ]maeking art wat kind of career is taht!!! just kill urself.
I think you should kill yourself cuckoos.

Hi and welcome I guess, even if I'm actually a newer member than you! I don't even sprite, but I guess this account could come in handy vOv

I'm lucky Phaze wasn't taken already
Howdy mate, I never actually heard of you before Ridge Troopa mentioned you in his introduction, good thing I read that first! Anyway welcome (back?) to the Resource, hopefully you'll like what you see of the community Genki ^_^
beep beep beep, here we are, the donut king boner bot hello there new user, smoke some [ganja] dude and sit back relax
Welcome to the Resource Community and enjoy your stay! Big Grin