The VG Resource

Full Version: Goindol (ARCADE) Everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I find the sound effects is this game to be of higher quality (IMO) than any of the Arkanoid games, I went ahead and ripped every sound effect from the game.

Get it below:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/101251006/Goindo...0files.zip

If there are any problems regarding the download or any of the sounds, please let me know.
That's almost perfect except for the .DS_STORE files, those aren't acceptable formats. Tongue
As far as I know those are hidden on Mac so he probably may not have known they even exist Tongue
I think Mac puts them in every folder and they store some kind of information the OS thinks is relevant for the folder but don't ask me I never bothered since I never had a Mac. Wink
(09-22-2012, 12:05 PM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know those are hidden on Mac so he probably may not have known they even exist Tongue
I think Mac puts them in every folder and they store some kind of information the OS thinks is relevant for the folder but don't ask me I never bothered since I never had a Mac. Wink

Yea, the DS_Store formats are pretty much "Junk" files that Macs slap onto zips; I never inserted anything of such; and I'm pretty sure they're just corrupted duplicates of the proper WAV files.
Files with a dot at the beginning of their name a hidden files on Mac (and most Linux etc). Mac creates these .DS_Store files for each folder to store data like window size and position as well as the file order and all these customized folder view settings. Pretty much like the desktop.ini files from Windows.
Well basically what I'm saying is, you need to remove those for me to be able to accept them. I mean surely they're removable right?
(09-22-2012, 02:09 PM)Previous Wrote: [ -> ]Files with a dot at the beginning of their name a hidden files on Mac (and most Linux etc). Mac creates these .DS_Store files for each folder to store data like window size and position as well as the file order and all these customized folder view settings. Pretty much like the desktop.ini files from Windows.

I see. Well is there perhaps anything that can be done to place the sound files onto the Sounds Resource?

EDIT: Didn't notice Mighty's post. I opened up the zip on my Mac, it does not appear.
However I checked into it on my Windows and ridded of any garbage data not relevant to Goindol.

Here's an updated download. If any problem(s) still exist, I'll look into it further.
Oh, Apple. Thank you for your nice and user friendly OS.

I don't think I can help much since I never used a Mac or anything, but I came across this:
Dreamweaver Help / Remove .DS_Store files | Mac OS X
Yesyes, an Adobe help site that explains how to use the terminal to remove all .DS_Store files from your system. However, your OS will create them again and again.
This here may be more helpful:
Create Zip Files Without Any Mac-Specific “Extras” Inside
That article is about a program that can remove this junk from ZIP files and explains how to use it. It should remove the .DS_Store files from a ZIP file you drop in there? Not sure if it works or is the best option, though.

PS: Ah, didn't see your edit. Well, looks like you found a way on your own Wink
There we go! All the Mac stuff is gone, and with that your first sound submission has been uploaded. Congratulations! Wink
Thank you very much. Genki ^_^
I apologize for this update, but it looks like I forgot one sound effect; the one that's heard with a piece of trash Goindol tosses down is popped by the ball.
Unfortunately it looks like you've got another .DS_STORE file in there. Tongue
Would it hurt anything if I removed it myself and uploaded it?
No. You can just delete it and any __MACOSX or whatever folders Tongue
Okie updated. Tongue