The VG Resource

Full Version: Can I make .png files with programming also what do you use tsr sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a two subjects in one topic
topic.

Basically this thread is about
can I program to make my own .png files
and
also what do you or anyone else or both
use spriters resource sprites for?

I known about a user on http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/
who accepted donations in Super Mario Bros. Infinity and I assume the sprites he used was from spriters resource.
(09-21-2012, 06:51 PM)ZeldaClassicEXPERT Wrote: [ -> ]can I program to make my own .png files

yes, in C# for instance you can create an empty bitmap variable and fill it with programmatically-generated pixel data. this can be saved to a file
Thank you so super very very much I appreciate your help Smile : ) ; ) Wink
Yea, sure. Generally, every programming language that can write files should be suitable. However, the PNG format is hilariously complicated, so you'd better use one that has finished libraries available. C# has what you need, I bet Java would have them too, C++ has anything somewhere on the internet, there's libraries for Flash AS3. For Delphi Pascal, I use pngdelphi, also found on the internet.
Theoretically, you could also write your own code, but that is far from easy, so just search the internet for available libraries, classes or source code to load/save PNG from whatever programming language you want to use.
Cool and thank you all.

Also I use spriters resource sprites in games for my own use sometimes (rarely though).